For Sale: UHaul Rear Lettering - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #1

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
UHaul Rear Lettering

The UHaul campers originally came with the word "UHAUL" in approximately 4" high letters on the back.

For sale is one set of original reproduction lettering for the rear only. This set goes over the orange stripe. Cost is $10 plus postage.

Before and after pictures shown on my UHaul.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3399.JPG   IMG_3675.JPG  

Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #2

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
I still have this lettering. I will post here when and if it sells.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #3

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Tom, I'm interested in getting just the two sides done. Any chance you can get me the side vinyls?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
goosler has the whole set for sale on ebay, maybe he will sell you only the side pieces
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #5

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Pam, Bob is correct. Goosler (Pat) has the original drawings and can recreate any of the graphics, even in custom colors. You can send him a PM.

My rear lettering remains for sale.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I just ordered a set of the decals from goosler, also had him make me a decal of the RecVee image, I want it to hide a repair spot on the rear where I can't match the original color. I made my paypal payment 3 hours ago and already got a notice that the decals have been shipped!!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #7

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
They look great too even though they are sitting on the parking pad and not out camping.

CindyL
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #8

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
The decals (graphics) and more

Hey Mr. and Mrs....
We are missing U all here at the Cherokee, NC rally!

Sorry to rub it in but it is GLORIOUS here with the natural beauty accentuated by the amazing fall colors! Almost 30 FGRVs here (unofficial count) with show and tell tomorrow. 3 of us Uhaulers here (all CTs) Going to try some trout fishing tomorrow before a show and tell in the afternoon and a rally pot luck dinner in the evening. Met a bunch of the other owner
(Casitas, Scamps, etc), all interesting great people!!!

I put Mr. Pat's (Goosler) vinyls on last week and did the Zep coatings. What a difference! (Pics later.) I stayed up in the Great Smoky Natl Park also last week. Did the Clingsman Dome sortie, etc.

With all of this happening I am starting to feel a little guilty that maybe I should reveal where I found the VIN plates...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #9

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
........I made my paypal payment 3 hours ago and already got a notice that the decals have been shipped!!
Yes, I noticed that Pat is back on eBay, so maybe he made some sets up in advance.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #10

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
........With all of this happening I am starting to feel a little guilty that maybe I should reveal where I found the VIN plates...

I haven't slept since you posted this.....looking....looking...looking
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #11

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
OK, I Give Up

Mr. Tom,
So you can get some sleep and everyone else can claim they now know where the official UHaul VIN plate is I have decided to reveal it's location.
(This was a difficult decision but the hunt seems to have died...)

Be advised I have now checked 4 separate CTs and they all have this stainless steel plate which is about 2 1/2" x 3". It was apparently purposedly painted over with the chassis paint to make it almost undetectable. The first line gives the VIN. Second line has UHaul Co. info
and the third line is date of maufacture and some other numbers that I am not sure what they mean.

Mr. Bob will not need to make one as the factory did it for him!

Look just aft of the drivers side left wheel well behind where the outboard tubular frame is welded to the inboard angle iron frame. About 2" aft on the vertical flat surface of the angle iron you will see two vertical welds
that are easily overlooked. If yours is like mine when you scratch the
area between the welds: VIOLA, the shiny stainless appears!

Let me know what you find.

LONG LIVE THE UHAULS!

Incidentally, we really held our own against the other FGRVs here at the Cherokee rally!!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #12

New York
I was under our Uhaul yesterday and didn't see the VIN plate or the document tube. At least now I know where to look for the plate. Bifocals don't work so well in that situation of laying on the ground under a vehicle. I'll crawl under again tomorrow. Bob
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #13

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for the info about the VIN plate. I'll have to look next weekend.

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! We had nothing but wind and rain across Iowa and northern Illinois. Good weekend to be a duck!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #14

New York
I still haven't found either the Vin plate or the tube. Today we installed the decals, they were all marked as to where they go, but the illustration paper was wrong, driver side and passenger side illustrations were reversed. Not going to install the "vacation adventure" decals for now or the RecVee decal. The decals went on fairly easy, we did have a few small air bubbles that we had to pop with a pin to flatten them. big difference in the look of the camper with those decals.

Tags
uhaul