Wanted: Under table cutlery drawer - Trillium - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #1

Name: Mari
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Ontario
Under table cutlery drawer - Trillium

Hi there:

I am looking (without much success) for the under table cutlery drawer. Or Trillium 1300 has one but the new one does not. It is a metal box with clips which mounts under the table and holds a plastic cutlery tray. I love this feature, it is so convenient and doesn't take up drawer space. I have not been able to find one at any RV dealer so far (except a plastic tray version but it does not seem very robust and comes with it's own two plastic drawers - no dividers for cutlery).

Does anyone know where to buy a new one or used?

Thank you,
Mari

Old 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Camping World has two versions of under cabinet or table drawers, but they are plastic and no dividers. We have one of the longer shallow ones, it is OK but very little depth to it. The ad usually shows 2 drawers, but the price is for only one.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
The Trillium version is just the plastic cutlery organizer with a drawer front attached. There is a latch underneath that keeps it from falling out while moving. No actual drawer. You could probably build one, just find a drawer organizer that fits.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
This

Amazon.com: Honey-Can-Do KCH-02154 Steel Mesh 5-Compartment Cutlery Utensil Organizer, Silver: Home & Kitchen

is what we have under our dinette table. Need to make your own ledgers or slides

jack
Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #5

Name: kenny
Trailer: Bigfoot 13'
Utah
I think the drawer separator from amazon would be perfect. Then take the tray to your local cabinet maker and get a drawer made that will fit this tray. taking the table top into them will allow them to affix it to the under side. If accuride glides ( or other high quality glides) are used, a vertical support on each side of the drawer will be required to hold the drawer in place. keep the drawer short in height. I am a cabinet maker, and put such a thing under our 13' Bigfoot, my wife loves it, as I am sure, will!

Later Kenny
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #6

Name: kenny
Trailer: Bigfoot 13'
Utah
The sides, or front, or back can be cut off the separator, to fit a drawer, or the space better, I cut the back ledge off the one my wife found, to fit the drawer,( I already had), I used top mount rails on this drawer, so that side supports are not needed. As Jack suggested a ledger strip could be hooked to the bottom of the table top, but the separator could not carry much weight, with out bending at the sides.

Later Kenny
Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0127.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	62050

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	62051

Name:	IMG_0129.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	62052
This is the set up I have. The metal tray under the table measures 1 ft x1 ft x 2 inches. the leg is mounted to the bottom of tray.
The cutlery tray is a Rubbermaid cutlery tray and the two catches on each side a window catches, to keep tray in.

Ron
Old 07-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #8

Name: Mari
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Ontario
Hi Ron: This is exactly what I want!! Do you know where I can get one??? or did you make this? I am not that handy but could mount the catches if I could find the bent metal holder :-)
Old 07-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I suppose that if you have the capability to bend steel, (aluminum?) you could make one like this. Princess Auto sells a brake for a reasonable price.
30 in. Bench Top Metal Brake | Princess Auto
The one that Trillium used was made of wood, but otherwise the same idea. I am going home at lunch to do more glassing, but I will take pictures of what is in my 4500.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #10

Delaware
Alternative to sheet metal brake is a heat bender (Ni-chrome wire or rod) and 1/8" thick Polycarbonate, Acrylic, or other thermoplastic sheet (Kydex, Sintra). You don't need a full hat section box; couple of lengths of "zee" give you a flange to screw to underside table and a ledger or drawer glide for the drawer to slide on. Kinda need this fab tune in your head or have access to someone who does. Pretty easy to screw or bolt light aluminum extrusion to flat stock or to 3/8 or 1/2" plywd to produce these under table drawer hangers also.

jack
Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #11

Delaware
Pix of my silverware drawer about fifth or sixth foto in this old thread. Not on PC and I don't know how to port these over on idiot pad.

Some more simple mods that make it ours

jack
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #12

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Mine is make rather heaven metal as the table support leg is attached also.
It was on the trailer when I got it so may have to check with some RV suppliers to see if available.
Ron

Tags
trillium