Wanted: Refrigerator - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Name: Wenonah
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Ohio
Wanted: Refrigerator

Hello Everyone,

Looking for a refrigerator for my 13' Scamp. The refrigerator I presently have is a dorm frig. and I would like to get a 3 way, although I'm not sure of their cost used. Would anyone be selling a refrigerator that is not dorm style?

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenonah View Post
Hello Everyone,

Looking for a refrigerator for my 13' Scamp. The refrigerator I presently have is a dorm frig. and I would like to get a 3 way, although I'm not sure of their cost used. Would anyone be selling a refrigerator that is not dorm style?

Thanks!
Good luck with the search. It is very difficult to find the smaller sized used ones that are still in working condition. Sometimes they do show up on craigslist but as those have generally been pulled from wrecks it can be difficult to test them to make sure they are fully functional. So it is buyer beware time when buying from individuals selling them. As to cost I have ocassionally seen a screaming deal bargain price at just under $100.00 but most people research the typical prices for a new retail value when selling a used unit and are asking closer to $300 or more.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Name: Wenonah
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Ohio
yes, it would appear so...

KC, I believe you are correct as yours has been the only response. I'll keep looking and just settle in to using a cooler this year. thanks for the comments.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenonah View Post
KC, I believe you are correct as yours has been the only response. I'll keep looking and just settle in to using a cooler this year. thanks for the comments.
One did turn up today in Seattle on the offerup website, offerup is a website with local area buyers and sellers that is similar to craigslist. The fridge is being offered at $200.00. It had come out of a trailer that was being gutted. Just showing this link as a sample of why and when they show up on these kind of local area for sale ads. I know that you are not located in the Seattle area but it will give you an idea of what kind of searches you can do in your own local area to try and find a used 3 way fridge.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/256746649/

Perhaps someone reading this posting from the Seattle area is in need of the fridge and/or the range and range hood that this individual is selling.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Dometic is a common manufacturer and the size that fits the 13' scamp is a 1.9 cu ft. These 3-way refrigerators can be fussy and some on this forum have indicated, in earlier threads, sufficient frustration that they have stopped using them. We use ours but also carry a cooler both for additional capacity and backup when the fridge isn't staying cool enough for sensitive perishables. The suggestion that you be cautious about a used unit is sound. New ones are going for under $600 and whether new or used there will be a cost for a technician to install it.

Your plan to rely on a cooler for your first summer seems wise. You'll know a lot more about your needs after a season of experience.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wanted: Refrigerator

Good advice. Just a warning- 1.9 cf is really tiny. It might be barely adequate for 1-2 people who eat lightly.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #7

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
If you have an RV recycler yard in your area, many pop-up trailers use these small refrigerators.
Dave & Paula
Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 AM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Thinking about the fridge stirred up a vague recollection (meaning it may just be my imagination) of a discussion on this forum several years ago about whether a fridge would fit through the door - that scamp put them in before closing up the shell. Seems unlikely but maybe worth measuring before investing.

Tags
refrigerator