Wanted: WTB: round tail light assemblies complete - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

Name: chad
Trailer: 1975 Scamp- Super Cozy Ambulatory Mega Party, 1980 Boler B1500 15'
Alaska
Registry
WTB: round tail light assemblies complete

Hi all,
Looking to buy some tail lights for my 75 Scamp, not necassarily stock. The original holes look like square lights, currently there are some cheapo Napa's that have to go. Really just looking for that round vintage look. Would love to have em installed before the big festival trip Aug 3- ( www.salmonstock.org ), so let me know what you have and I can paypal you. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
gwood.JPG  

Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
7" round LED Tail lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSCAMP View Post
Hi all,
Looking to buy some tail lights for my 75 Scamp, not necassarily stock. The original holes look like square lights, currently there are some cheapo Napa's that have to go. Really just looking for that round vintage look. Would love to have em installed before the big festival trip Aug 3- ( www.salmonstock.org ), so let me know what you have and I can paypal you. Thanks!
Hi I can help you with replacement tail lights for your Scamp. Many Scamp owners have been buy lights from me at Fiberglass Travel Trailers RV.
The lights are $25.99 each free shipping over $60.00.
Chuck

Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #3

Alaska
Registry
thanks for the heads up Chuck. Hopefully I'll end up with someone's discarded "stockers" after they got LED's.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Chad, you may have a long wait, the original ones to your year of Scamp where oblong with square corners.... know a few others who have been looking for them for a number of years.

As many of us have discovered the original rear wedding cake type lights you are hoping someone will hand off to you are not good as far as safety goes - if there is any amount of sun shining on them the person behind you can not see your brake lights or your turn signal - cant tell you how many times I had people yell at me that my lights were not working when they in fact where. If it was me and I know that I didnt have the original style to the trailer to start with I would sure be looking at the LED's such as what Chuck sells - on the trailer they really dont look all that much different on the trailer than the Scamp round wedding cake style lights that were for a time on newer Scamps than yours but they are sure a heck of a lot safer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #5

Alaska
Registry
Thanks for the info Carol.
Safety is not usually my #1 concern, I'm kinda fashion over function like that I think the wedding cake original style is what I'd like to end up with ideally. It's sure been discussed before, but I imagine an LED style bulb in there would help the situation, eh?
The high cost of new LED's is also part of my issue, but they cost a lot less than a wreck right
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #6

British Columbia
Registry
As your a fashionable type I double checked and I has wrong regarding the originals to your trailer - they were actually square . More info on their size and a photo of them can be found on this thread .

I purchased some LED replacement bulbs designed for tail light use I only put one in and ended up removing it after about 15 min. as it was a big disappointment & they cost me almost what I paid for the full LED lights I ended up with.

Yup wreaks are costly but its a bigger bummer that is also wrecks a vacation. Also not fun having strangers yelling at you at stop lights or chashing you down in store parking lots to yell at you that your lights dont work or you didnt use a turn signal. Most common time of day it would happen is when the sun was just starting to go down. Hasn't happened again in the 9 months since I changed over to full LED but I have done about 8,000 miles on the towing in that time.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #7

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Hi I can help you with replacement tail lights for your Scamp. Many Scamp owners have been buy lights from me at Fiberglass Travel Trailers RV.
The lights are $25.99 each free shipping over $60.00.
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I like the look of your lights, however the square lights on my 1980 have a clear spot on the bottom of the glass that illuminates the license plate too, what is your recommendation for this (looking as stock as possible.

Thanks. . jimbo
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #8

British Columbia
Registry
Jimbo I solved the problem by using the licence plate holder that is original to the scamp but purchased a couple of screws that have little LED light on the bottom half of them that hold the plates onto the plate holder - you can pick them up at a motercyle/ATV shop.
Attached Thumbnails
lightsphot01.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #9

California
Registry
Carol. Thanks for that tip
Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #10

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H
Jimbo I solved the problem by using the licence plate holder that is original to the scamp but purchased a couple of screws that have little LED light on the bottom half of them that hold the plates onto the plate holder - you can pick them up at a motercyle/ATV shop.
Hi Carol. How did you attach the bracket? Only one screw???

Thx
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #11

Alaska
Registry
Still lookin for some stock roundies.

Tags
light