Android app pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Android app pictures

This morning I was unable to post pictures using the Android app. Anyone else had this happen? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
I've had a number of issues posting pictures with the app since day one. One of the most irritating is when you have posted something, and then go back to edit that post by adding a photo. No dice. It always says "you do not have permission to post attachments to this forum....etc". The only way I can add photos to a post using the app is to do it in the post the first time. Can't add them later. I can add another post with photos however.

Another issue is photo resizing. Most of the time the app will automatically resize larger photos and they upload successfully. Other times it does not, and the upload fails.

I have none of these problems with photos, including adding photos to an existing post, when using my computer and not the app.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Has there been a recent update to your Android software and/or the Android app? Updates often create problems, and sometimes you just have to wait for someone to catch on and catch up.

An update to the iPhone app left me without access to private messages for the better part of a year, then another update fixed it.

Once I found uninstalling and reinstalling the app solved a problem.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I had troubles posting photos on the FGRV and Tapatalk app today, it said I did not have permission to post photos on this app. I have never had a problem before, and it is my preferred method when posting phone photos. Maybe it is just a temporary thing. I will check it later and report it to the admin folks if it persists.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #5

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Interesting. I've not had the permissions error with Tapatalk, just the fgrv app.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I've had a number of issues posting pictures with the app since day one. One of the most irritating is when you have posted something, and then go back to edit that post by adding a photo. No dice. It always says "you do not have permission to post attachments to this forum....etc". The only way I can add photos to a post using the app is to do it in the post the first time. Can't add them later. I can add another post with photos however.
I've had the same problem. If you are within the edit window you can delete and start again. Otherwise you need to add a new post. Also I've yet to figure out how to add a picture to a PM. These days all I use is a tablet so the app is it for pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I had troubles posting photos on the FGRV and Tapatalk app today, it said I did not have permission to post photos on this app. I have never had a problem before, and it is my preferred method when posting phone photos. Maybe it is just a temporary thing. I will check it later and report it to the admin folks if it persists.
Maybe you've been fired? You'll know for sure if they ask for your key to the moderator bathroom.

Jim Bennett is one great fellow.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
I've had the same problem. If you are within the edit window you can delete and start again. Otherwise you need to add a new post. Also I've yet to figure out how to add a picture to a PM. These days all I use is a tablet so the app is it for pictures.

Maybe you've been fired? You'll know for sure if they ask for your key to the moderator bathroom.

Jim Bennett is one great fellow.

Thanks for the help.
Nope, seems I still have some power, unless you typed this same thing too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
Raz

Jim Bennett is one great fellow

Now you've got me doing it.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #9
Raz

Back to normal, thanks