Anyone looking for an Oliver... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
Anyone looking for an Oliver...

If you know of anyone looking for an Oliver Legacy Elite II, please refer them to our ad in the classifieds section. It is a 2018 twin bed model that we took delivery on May 29, 2018, and immediately left on a 3-week trip to California. Unfortunately due to health issues, that will be our first and last trip. The trailer is in like new condition, was serviced after our trip, and has been kept in covered storage. Since this is our last RV, the sale will include all of our decorative items, linens, dishes, RV supplies and equipment, including a brand new Clam quick-set shelter and other never used items. This is our second Oliver Legacy Elite II (Yes, we love Olivers!!).

We are also selling our tow vehicle which is a 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum truck (white metallic) that has 39,937 miles on it and an extended warranty for 100,000 miles that expires on 03/29/2024.

Hope everyone has a great travel season this year...enjoy while you can!
Old 04-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #2

Name: Terry
Trailer: Casita 1981 13'
Idaho
Unhappy Why is the price of trailers rarely mentioned in ad?

I see many trailers on this site...advertised. Many do not post the price of the trailer...on occasion it will refer us to another site....I find this very frustrating. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 04-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry in Idaho View Post
I see many trailers on this site...advertised. Many do not post the price of the trailer...on occasion it will refer us to another site....I find this very frustrating. Anyone else feel the same way?

You aren't alone !
Old 04-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Although I am not in the Market for an Oliver trailer, I jumped over to the marketplace and found the details on this trailer and the tow rig. It was well done with adequate photos to guide a potential buyer. To spend the few seconds locating the details does not bother me in the least especially when the details are more than adequate to encourage follow up by a serious buyer. Best of luck to this seller.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #5

Name: Terry
Trailer: Casita 1981 13'
Idaho
Smile Posting price for trailers .....grrr

Iowa Dave...you must have a faster computer than I. I tried your approach...went through "pages" about the Oliver....never did find the price. I gave up...went to check other ones out.

Last month there was a super Casita listed on here...with the price. I jumped on it. Immediately made contact with the owner and bought it within 24 hours. This would not have happened without the price listing.

Just saying...listing the price in your initial ad...catches those that are serious lookers.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #6

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Quote:
It drives me nuts too!
Old 04-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Although I am not in the Market for an Oliver trailer, I jumped over to the marketplace and found the details on this trailer and the tow rig. It was well done with adequate photos to guide a potential buyer. To spend the few seconds locating the details does not bother me in the least especially when the details are more than adequate to encourage follow up by a serious buyer. Best of luck to this seller.
Iowa Dave
I agree, a price and or the ad link included would nice. Dave, how about posting the link for folks .
Old 04-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It's not posted in the ad forum. It's posted under Forum Admin News and Announcements.
Operator error.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Direct link to the ad.
https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...y-elite-ii-145
Old 04-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #10

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
It's not posted in the ad forum. It's posted under Forum Admin News and Announcements.
Operator error.
There is an automatically-generated ad “announcement” with a link in the classifieds. The seller perhaps did not realize that. This new system is different and confusing for newcomers. Shoot, it’s even confusing for some of us “senior members.”

Kentucky, so sorry for the circumstances that led to this sale. Hope it finds a wonderful new owner that will love it as you have!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #11

Kentucky

Sorry for the confusion; however, I am a bit confused myself with using the new Fiberglass RV Classifieds section. It doesn't seem nearly as user-friendly as the previous way of selling (which we have successfully used a few times).

It is my understanding that FiberglassRV.com no longer allows advertising trailers for sale under the page where all of the fiberglass trailer brands are listed. The reason I started this thread under "Oliver" was because it seemed like our trailer was not getting much visibility on the posting under "Classifieds".

Anyway the price is $58,500. It is in like new condition, and all of our RV equipment (some of it never used) will go with the trailer. Unfortunately our RV days are over.

Thank you, Jon, for posting the link and for your well wishes. I should have thought of adding the link: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...y-elite-ii-145

If anyone knows of a different or better way to post the ad on this site, I will re-do it. I was trying to follow the various links when I did the original post...sure not as clear as it used to be.

Y'all take care in the fiberglass rv community. Every time I chat with someone about RV-ing, I always tell them how wonderful molded fiberglass trailers are. We've had a Casita, Bigfoot, Lil' Snoozy and two Olivers. All have been good to us.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #12

Kentucky

Just found a posting from a week or so ago explaining the new process for advertising fiberglass trailers on this website. Probably going to take awhile for people to get used to the new process...me included!

Here's the link: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eds-88342.html
Old 04-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #13

Kentucky
Anyone looking for an Oliver...Just reduced price!

We have reduced the price on our 2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II to $57,900. The ad can be seen under the "Classifieds" tab and search on "Oliver".

For some reason, I cannot copy and paste the link to the ad. The url is as follows, but it won't open:
https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...y-elite-ii-145
Old 04-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #14

Name: Monte
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Tow vehicle

I’m looking for a tow vehicle replacement. I’m new to this forum and don’t understand how to contact you by email. Some help please.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #15

Name: Monte
Tennessee
Figured it out

More intuitive then I thought. Got the message sent.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #16

Name: Babs
Tennessee
Quote:
I agree. What’s the big secret? If something is not in my price range, I really don’t care about the photos and details.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #17

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
I agree. What’s the big secret? If something is not in my price range, I really don’t care about the photos and details.
Since a couple of months age, all ads are hosted on a separate site. What appear to be ads on this site are really just auto-generated links to ads posted over there. No ads are posted directly on this site any more. It’s a bit cumbersome, but I think it was done because the new ad platform offers greater functionality.

If I were actively searching for a trailer, I would bookmark the ad site and just go straight there daily to check for new offerings.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #18

Kentucky
Our Oliver is now sold.
Closed Thread

Tags
oliver