back button problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
Does anyone else have problems with this site and hitting your back button?

When I view a page in the forum and want to go back to the main page I have to go back by hitting the forum menu link at the top instead of merely hitting the back button on my browser. fiberglassrv is the only site I have this problem with.

could just be me...
matt scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Does anyone else have problems with this site and hitting your back button?

When I view a page in the forum and want to go back to the main page I have to go back by hitting the forum menu link at the top instead of merely hitting the back button on my browser. fiberglassrv is the only site I have this problem with.

could just be me...
Hi Matt
Yes i had same problem. I switched to FireFox and all was well. I was looking for a thread on this subject, but can't find it. This has been brought up before.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
If you are using Internet Explorer, I think you need to switch off the Show Friendly HTTP Errors setting.

There have been a couple of discussions about this feature that was visited upon us during the last software upgrade.

Here's another: 3 Clicks of the BACK Button.

I hope this helps!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Mary's advise worked great for me you just switch off the Show Friendly HTTP Errors setting

http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devs...docs/53858.htm

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
Same problem here.

Can't we fix the problem at the source (site) rather than muck with settings on our PCs?
Rudy_Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Same problem here.
Can't we fix the problem at the source (site) rather than muck with settings on our PCs?
The problem is a Internet Exporer bug. All the other browsers work fine. Adobe software found the ERROR and came up with the fix.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yeah IE problem, I have NO problems using FireFox
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #9

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Print the limited instructions and open the Explorer program from the start menu. Follow the simple instructions and it works!

Thanks for the solution. This back arrow issue has been an annoying problem that is now corrected.
Larry Lecuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, here's a real weird problem.

I had 'back button' issues myself, which seemed to start all by themselves without me changing anything. Then about 2 months ago the problem magically vanished, again without my doing anything. Well this morning (again without me DOING anything) the problem is back again, only this time its worse. It seems that now (as of this A.M. ...it was FINE when I left here last night) even MANY repeted pushings of my 'back button' nothing happens at all. The past issue was more a frusteration thing, having to push the button maybe 3, 4, or even 5 times. NOW the 'back button' seems b _ o k _ n yet again!!

Is this issue a problem with programing on your end or what? I have never experienced this issue with any other site....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:

I had 'back button' issues myself, which seemed to start all by themselves without me changing anything. Then about 2 months ago the problem magically vanished, again without my doing anything. Well this morning (again without me DOING anything) the problem is back again, only this time its worse. It seems that now (as of this A.M. ...it was FINE when I left here last night) even MANY repeted pushings of my 'back button' nothing happens at all. The past issue was more a frusteration thing, having to push the button maybe 3, 4, or even 5 times. NOW the 'back button' seems b _ o k _ n yet again!!

Is this issue a problem with programing on your end or what? I have never experienced this issue with any other site....
Since you brought this thread current, I read it for the first time and made the change in IE. Now my back button works. Thank you!

Now as for your new dilemma, I could only guess if maybe resetting your computer would help. Oh wait, I just thought of something else. Suppose you had an auto download update yesterday, microsoft does that to my computer to add updates to windows about every week so maybe you got one for IE. When it installed maybe it changed a setting?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #12

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I GIVE UP!!!

I'm back in here now and everything is 'ukaranian row boat' ....hunky dorie (NO offense ment to any of us other Uks on board, LOL!!!)
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:

And as far as I know, Doug, you're the only one experiencing this in exactly the way you describe (for the back button to work intermittently, without you --or us-- making any system changes). Weird, weird, weird...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #14

Trailer: 1978 16 ft Fiber Stream / 2004 Nissan Xterra
Quote:
The problem is a Internet Exporer bug. All the other browsers work fine. Adobe software found the ERROR and came up with the fix.

Thanks Mary, Joe, and Mike I had been suffering in silence for far too long!
Chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply With Quote