Do you need emblems or decals for your RV? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Do you need emblems or decals for your RV?

I recently purchased an older Burro that I am restoring. After sanding and painting the exterior I decided I wanted to add some new and fresh looking decals since mine were either completely missing or so faded they were almost invisible. I did some GOOGLE IMAGE searching and located 3 or 4 high res quality logos from Burro (but you can do this for any logo) and went to an on-line printer that manufactures logos, bumper stickers, metal signs, plastic signs, stickers, etc. I happened to use VistaPrint but there are several to choose from. You can design your own custom bumper stickers or logos. I made a Burro bumper sticker, and I had them print up two large BURRO emblams for the coach. They haven't arrived yet but when they do I'll take pictures and post them. It's so much fun to restore something this cool to her original shine and luster! It makes me feel good to be her custodian and put a sheen back on her shine! Love this little coach. I've worked so hard on the restoration that I haven't even taken her out to camp yet! I live in New Mexico and the sun is pretty relentless here so any type of signage or sticker or emblam will fade in a few years from the sun. Now we have a solution! Just have new ones printed, it's so easy and not expensive. I love on-line commerce!
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
OR, you could just make it yourself.

This is only to be used for those that have the actual VIN and can't find it or only a partial. Buy one of these, stamp it with Harbor Freight's tools, scuff it up and then affix it to the frame somewhere: https://www.koolrides.com/catalog/pr...3bf3dc18956754 No one would know it's not original. But please remember, honesty counts! And I think $6 is cheap compared to the aggravation of dealing with....
Attached Images

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #3

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Thumbs up

Good news Donna, Thanks for the help. My 40 Yr. old Burro vin rusted off and when I bought it Legit from PO with a good title I had a local trophy shop make a vin plate for inside the camper body for $4.00. OH dealer inspected no problem and title is now mine (more like project is now mine). The biggest problem is those states where no title is required because it's under a light weight. Oh is the same for utility trailers not campers. The fraud problem (I was former Ins. Fraud Invest. Unit for Ins Co) is when some one sells a title without a vehicle, then is when the theft and vin tampering occurs, or a bogus theft is claimed on a camper (in paper only) that didn't exist.
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Keep us informed, pictures are nice too, about your project. And thanks for the reminder about the importance of titles!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #5

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
That is good info to know. Thanks, Donna!
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote