Don't click on that big green "Start Now" button at the top of the page - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
Don't click on that big green "Start Now" button at the top of the page

It and/or the Login To your Account my email center button will mess up your computer. They are not part of Fiberglass RV.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
Those are ads

You'll see things like that on a lot of sites. Like many free sites on the internet, I imagine Fiberglass RV needs to use ads to help pay the bills.

Those type of links are ads. You'll just need to learn how to tell them apart from the rest of the links on sites and only click on ads you're interested in. You can tell this type is an ad by the small "piece of pie" shaped icon next to the x in the upper right corner. I just took a look at a couple and they were for email programs/apps (My Inbox Helper and My Email Center were two of the ads) but they could be ads for anything.

Websites sign up for ad services and usually have very little control over which individual ads display.

It's just the way this part of the internet works.
DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Remember that about a month ago we found that people on this forum had their PC processors running at or near 100%. The clue for me was the fan running on high with only a web browser open. It was apparently an ad that was executing a program on the PC which had the web page opened, doing some bitcoin mining (highly CPU intensive). In that case you did not have to click on anything.

A good antivirus program is a must. Avast is a pretty good one and one of a few quality free ones. It will usually catch anything you click on that is not safe. I am surprised however that it did not block that bitcoin mining.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Remember that about a month ago we found that people on this forum had their PC processors running at or near 100%. The clue for me was the fan running on high with only a web browser open. It was apparently an ad that was executing a program on the PC which had the web page opened, doing some bitcoin mining (highly CPU intensive). In that case you did not have to click on anything.

A good antivirus program is a must. Avast is a pretty good one and one of a few quality free ones. It will usually catch anything you click on that is not safe. I am surprised however that it did not block that bitcoin mining.
Great point. I was addressing clicking on a button that the op talked about but I should have thought to mention that good protection is a must these days where a malicious web page or even an ad on a good website page can do bad. I hate that so many of these get through the ad servers.

Thanks for bringing that up.
DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #5

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my PC and it stopped the program from running and gave a warning. Unfortunately you can no longer purchase a lifetime license.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote