Downloading Documents - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: U-Haul
Maine
Downloading Documents

I am a new member. Every time I try to download a document, I get a message saying that I am moving too fast and must wait either 56 or 57 seconds. No amount of waiting lets me download a document. Any help would be appreciated.
Cantdog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Hi - I'm sorry you are having trouble. There is a time restriction on downloads but I think it's 60 seconds. Can you try navigating away from that page and then come back to it and try again? if that doesn't work, I'll need to knwo something about your computer... operating system, secirty scheme, etc to try to isolate the issue.

I just did a quick test and was able to download several docs in a row (with that time restriction in between downloads).
Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #3

Maine
I get the message with my first attempt to download a document. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, Wind 7, 64 bit. I have tried emptying my cache in case it the program was storing a cookie, but that does not help.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
Instead of regular "clicking", try right clicking and selecting "open in new tab" or "open in new window" or something similar from the pull down menu that appears (this is somewhat browser dependent).
GPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #5

Maine
I tried that and I tried three different browsers - Chrome, IE, and Mozilla. Same result.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Administrator

Registry
I think I've located the issue. There was a cap set on the total data permitted as a download in a 24 hour period. I believe that you hit that cap. The limit has been raised somewhat but if you encounter this again, you'll need to wait a day before recommencing downloads. We have this limit in place to prevent bother server strain and the possibility of a DoS attack. I apologize for any inconvience.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #7

Maine
Since joining yesterday, I have only downloaded one single page document. I waited until today to try again, and I got the same message as yesterday - that I am downloading too fast and to wait 57 seconds. It appears that my first download set some sort of place keeper that is keeping me from downloading any additional documents.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Administrator

Registry
I checked the logs and see multiple downloads associated with your account. Can you check in your downloads folder and see if they are there perhaps or maybe they are saved somewhere else?