Escape-Casita-Scamp Spreadsheet - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #1

Name: Thane
Trailer: Escape
Howdy,

While researching trailers I made a spreadsheet to compare the following optional and standard equipment and specifications. I think the information would be of interest to others and I'd like to post it, but I can't upload an Excel (.xls) file to the forum. Can I e-mail the file to you so you can decide if it is worth posting?

Window Over Sink
A/C
Counter Extension
Exterior Shower
Interior Shower
Bathroom Sink
Exterior 110V
Powered Fan
Gaucho Bunk
Range Cover
Sink Cover
Furnace
Dual Propane Tanks
Range Hood
Upgrade to DSI Heater
High Lift Axle
Awning
Door Location
Vinyl Floor
Porch Light
Refer Standard
Refer Option
Extra Internal Lights
Extra 12V Outlet
Extra 110V Outlet
Tires
Fresh Water Gallons
Grey Water Tank Gallons
Black Water Gallons
Fresh Water Tank Size Cubic Ft
Grey Water Tank Size Cubic Ft
Black WaterTank Size Cubic Ft
Overall Length
Overall Height
Overall Width
Body Length
Interior Length
Interior Height
Interior Width
Weight
Hitch Weight
Double Bed Size
Bunk Bed Size
Battery Charger
Power Cord

Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Thanks for asking first so I donít delete it.

Sure, I look forward to it.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
If Mike thinks it's worth posting (and I look forward to seeing it), it is possible to save it as a PDF file. I can convert it (from .xls to PDF) if Mike doesn't have the software (Adobe Acrobat's PDF Writer, for instance) readily available. Mike's call...

This could set a more general precedent of how to share information which works best in the form of a table.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #4

Quote:
if Mike doesn't have the software (Adobe Acrobat's PDF Writer, for instance) readily available. Mike's call...
You may be underestimating this old dog.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Howdy,

While researching trailers I made a spreadsheet to compare the following optional and standard equipment and specifications. I think the information would be of interest to others and I'd like to post it, but I can't upload an Excel (.xls) file to the forum. Can I e-mail the file to you so you can decide if it is worth posting?
Here you go. Brand Comparison Chart
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #6

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
You may be underestimating this old dog.
Not talking abilities here, just availability of software... and I'm sure that even if you didn't have anything on hand, you could dig up a workable converter - given the time!

In the end I see you went to HTML - and then got caught up in the maintainability of the information. I still look forward to a re-thought next attempt, if you decide to do that.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #7

I personally donít like PDFs for websites. Itís great for transporting documents for printing, but not websites. HTML provides information for us to have our webpages cataloged by Search Engines. Also, PDF is slower to download and then requires a ďReaderĒ (allbeit free) on the clients computer.

Yes, I have a Full professional version of Acrobat as well as many other options.

The issue with the Brand comparison chart is it was comparing apples and oranges in many cases. It seems everyone had an exception to point out.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
[The issue with the Brand comparison chart is it was comparing apples and oranges in many cases. It seems everyone had an exception to point out.
[/quote]

hi, as a complete computer illiterate may i suggest that pictures of each model would be great. i know there were some but i can't find them now. i know you guys had a problem with this website being trashed by some jerk.
i wonder what it would take to transfer pictures from ebay to here. i just saw a completed list of trailers (including a 1978 trillium with great pictures) and wondered how they could be "beamed up" to here. would it be worth it to check out ebay every week or so to get new ones as they are posted? or is this a really dumb idea?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
[The issue with the Brand comparison chart is it was comparing apples and oranges in many cases. It seems everyone had an exception to point out.
hi, as a complete computer illiterate may i suggest that pictures of each model would be great. i know there were some but i can't find them now. i know you guys had a problem with this website being trashed by some jerk.
i wonder what it would take to transfer pictures from ebay to here. i just saw a completed list of trailers (including a 1978 trillium with great pictures) and wondered how they could be "beamed up" to here. would it be worth it to check out ebay every week or so to get new ones as they are posted? or is this a really dumb idea?
Way ahead of you. We have a very complete set of PHOTOS of ALL Fiberglass RVs linked from the top. Click on ALBUMS. They are listed by brands.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #10

Trailer:
Quote:
Way ahead of you. We have a very complete set of PHOTOS of ALL Fiberglass RVs linked from the top. Click on ALBUMS. They are listed by brands.
Mike,

As a permamenet newcomer (bein' a furriner, an' all) I'll say that the albums are comprehensive, but not that quick or easy to navigate. I could see a FGRV identification page that just had one photo of each brand (or is it model?), but that also identified similar trailers or look-alikes with different names, and brands for which there aren't any photos yet.

Andrew
Old 07-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I am just now starting the search for the right little trailer. The spreadsheet would be a great starting place, even if some of the information was not exactly perfect. I'm starting from nothing! Is there any way I can get a copy of it, before final revisions?

Karen F. Hxxxxx formerly from Oz (Australia)
Old 07-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #12

Name: Thane
Trailer: Escape
I have an updated copy that I'll send you tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #13
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
So, when you follow Mike's link (in his previous post, above) Brand Comparison Chart, you're taken to a screen where Mike suggests we start adding brand information to each trailer link off the home page list. He even calls for volunteers to compile info on "their" particular brand(s) of trailer.

I don't suppose we've had any takers?

Seems like a great idea!

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #14

Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Registry
Quote:
So, when you follow Mike's link (in his previous post, above) Brand Comparison Chart, you're taken to a screen where Mike suggests we start adding brand information to each trailer link off the home page list. He even calls for volunteers to compile info on "their" particular brand(s) of trailer.

I don't suppose we've had any takers?

Seems like a great idea!

I don't see where to add information.

Tags
casita, escape, scamp