Forum feature - global ignore - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Administrator

Name: Janet
Trailer: Argosy
Washington
Registry
Forum feature - global ignore

There is a new tool available to help you ignore content you may not be interested in or which you find particularly annoying.

You can ignore a thread, an entire forum section or a member. You will not see this content once you have selected ignore.

To ignore a thread: open the thread and select ignore from the thread tools drop down menu at the top of the thread.

To ignore a forum: open that forum and select ignore from the forum tools drop down menu.

To ignore a member: In your User cp look for "ignore settings" and add the members name to the window that come up when you click on the link. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators

You can manage all your ignored content in the "ignore manager" In your user cp.

One final note - some of these features will not be available if you are still using the old forum style. (you can change this setting by scrolling all the way to bottom of the page and looking to the left - select FGRV 2.0)

Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #2

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Thanks Janet. I requested this feature to get rid of some of the heated towing threads.

And no, I can't drive by an accident with out rubbernecking, either.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have a couple of opinions on this feature: 1] If I don't want to look at something I just don't click on it. 2] Since there is the probability or possibility that I may be one of those being ignored, I might as well not post anything. I will however continue to read those threads that interest me as I have found lots of useful information here that I greatly appreciate. Bob
Old 05-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm with you Bob... sorta like the channels on a television. It's about choices. I find there are nuggets of good information found on most threads. I TRY not to allow certain personalities dictate what knowledge I wish to gain.

Different strokes for different folks... I guess.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #5

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
The ignore member feature has been here for awhile, what is new is the ignore thread feature. So, if a thread degrades to bickering and you just can't help but peek to read the latest fisticuffs, you can click on the thread tools and ignore the thread.

This forum is pretty well moderated, but other forums I read often stray into political stuff and I like the ignore thread feature especially well on those forums.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
This is just supposed to be fun, lots of great nuggets to be found for sure.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #7

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
This is just supposed to be fun, lots of great nuggets to be found for sure.
True, but different people have different ideas of fun and limited patience for differing opinions, often on mundane topics.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #8

Name: Doug
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1973
British Columbia
Registry
I wonder what happens if you ignore yourself?
Maybe you can't because when you send the ignore command it will ignore itself!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Doug L
Old 09-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I have a couple of opinions on this feature: 1] If I don't want to look at something I just don't click on it. 2] Since there is the probability or possibility that I may be one of those being ignored, I might as well not post anything. I will however continue to read those threads that interest me as I have found lots of useful information here that I greatly appreciate. Bob
Bob I have been flamed on a board, ran off a board by a few people who thought their you know what didn't stink. I find everyone has something for everyone you in particular. When these sort of people can run a board they cost themselves.

I suggest you go ahead and post. Now when you see a certain signature don't even waste your time or breath with them. Which I do!

I have found some people want to drive 70-75mph on tires rated for 65 and if I point this out they become very irate I don't understand it. For safety and economy I drive 50 this is my personal preference it gives me an extra 5mpg money is important to me even though I can spare it.

I like this board it is calm I don't see any flaming I doubt if it is allowed. Each of us has different personalities and different styles. This is what makes for a great board!

I say go ahead and post away! Don't worry about it!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #10
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Perhaps it's time for a reminder that FiberglassRV.com has a tool available to help members ignore content they may not be interested in or which they find particularly annoying.

Quote:
You can ignore a thread, an entire forum section or a member. You will not see this content once you have selected ignore.

To ignore a thread: open the thread and select ignore from the thread tools drop down menu at the top of the thread.

To ignore a forum: open that forum and select ignore from the forum tools drop down menu.

To ignore a member: In your User cp look for "ignore settings" and add the members name to the window that come up when you click on the link. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators

You can manage all your ignored content in the "ignore manager" In your user cp.

One final note - some of these features will not be available if you are still using the old forum style. (you can change this setting by scrolling all the way to bottom of the page and looking to the left - select FGRV 2.0)
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #11

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
As explained in previous posts on the topic, if you ignore a member, you still see that that person has posted ( you just can't read it ). And, then you read the responses to that post. So, ignore doesn't really work. Only thing to do is not respond.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Perhaps it's time for a reminder that FiberglassRV.com has a tool available to help members ignore content they may not be interested in or which they find particularly annoying.
Will this "new" feature also eliminate the notice you see in the thread?
Old 10-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
TRW

Name: Terry
Trailer: Suntrek Vista
Ontario
- looking to rejoin the discussions after a bit of hiatus. Still own the 30' Vista by Suntrek which we bought new in 1999.
TRW