Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #15
Administrator

Name: Janet
Trailer: Argosy
Washington
Registry
Adding tags to new threads

Tags are keyword identifiers that aid organization and sorting of information. When starting a new thread, the thread author may assign tags that help your thread to be found more easily by people searching for particular subjects. For example, a thread may display that it has been tagged with pump and wiring. Each tag is a web link leading to all threads associated with that tag.

Setting up tags:
You can set up to five tags per thread that you start. One or two tags probably will be most common. As you are writing your thread's initial post, please note the tag box just below the text input window. Instructions read, "Separate tags using a comma" and "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread." There are no hard and fast rules -- do your best giving a one- or two-word summary of your topic. Multiple tags are useful if you are posting about a combination of factors; for example new, skylight leak and warranty. Or roof and coating.

You can see which threads have tags assigned. After the last post in a thread and just below the 'Post Reply' link, there is a box that displays tags associated with that thread. These tags are live links to search for other like-tagged threads.

Using tags:
To find tagged threads, use our 'Search' link on the overhead blue tool bar. In the drop-down box, the second selection is 'Tag Search' -- click to open. Enter a search term and click 'Search.' For example, leak or leak detection generate entirely separate groupings of threads.

The tag search window is also interesting for showing a "tag cloud," where the print size indicates how often certain tags have been assigned to threads. The tags in the tag cloud are live links to tagged threads.

Increasing the depth of this resource:
This feature will increase in utility as more people use it. If your research has found very useful threads on a topic and they don't have tags, you could private message a moderator and ask them to add a tag or tags. Please feel free to suggest tags you think are most relevant. And please include the web address line (URL) of the thread.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #16
Administrator

Name: Janet
Trailer: Argosy
Washington
Registry
Embedded video

You can embed a YouTube video (provided it's on topic) in a post. Just copy the url of the video from your browser address line and paste it into your post. The video will display when you make the post. To watch an embedded video just click on it. A double click will take you to the original at youtube.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
The posting rules say I may edit a post, but I have no idea how to access the post to edit it. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #18

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance MacArthur View Post
The posting rules say I may edit a post, but I have no idea how to access the post to edit it. Thanks for any help.
For a period after you post, there is an edit box (next to the word "Quote" to click on at the bottom of your post. You may then edit it.

After the period is up, you cannot edit any longer.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #19

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
So if I have a "for sale" post and want to lower the price, is there a way to delete the original post, or should I just repost?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #20

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance MacArthur View Post
So if I have a "for sale" post and want to lower the price, is there a way to delete the original post, or should I just repost?
Most people just post again in the same thread to announce that the price has been lowered. Once you re-post, the thread goes to the top again.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Yes, add another post in your thread. Once you've SOLD your trailer, add that info in a new post and one of the moderators will notice it and move your ad to our "Classified Archive."

If you need to change the title of your ad, send a PM to either me or one of the other moderators, and we'll update it for you.
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #22

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy Links to other sites may not always be available

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
All the photobucket images are gone now. Sure would have loved to have seen them too.
This is why we prefer that members post photographs directly to this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can directly upload images to a post...

To upload an image from your computer:
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1600 x 1600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are have unlimited storage space for images posted to threads and posts. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads however in consideration of those with slower internet connections.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #23

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
How do I delete camper for sale?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
If it's been sold, just add a post to the end of your thread, and one of the moderators will take care of it for you. If it's for any other reason, PM any one of the moderators and they will take care of it for you.
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
lsa

Name: Linda
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
Georgia
Registry
How can I post my 1972 Compact Jr camper for sale it's in the registry page 22 row 2 The Fishing Cork by lsa thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #26

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
I see you figured out how to post, Linda. I fixed the thread title for you too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #27

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
Quebec
Registry
How do you start a new thread topic in the mobile app? Please and thank you
Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #28

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
How do you start a new thread topic in the mobile app? Please and thank you
If you go into the sub-forum you want to start the thread in, there is a pencil at the top of the page. Click on that to enter the title, and the text for the body.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote