Hats in the store - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Hats in the store

I just ordered a couple oval stickers for my camper. I was going to get a hat also but was disappointed with what I saw. Why the dinky decal on them? There is all that space on the front of the hats to use. That decal could be 4 times bigger. Also I didn't see any patches. If there was a nice patch available with the glue on the back we could buy them to put on whatever hat or clothing we want. White's detectors that I am a dealer for has a patch you can buy cheap. I got a couple and just brought them into a store that has one of those heat applicators and had it put on a hat I bought. This place attached it for free because I bought the hat from them. They also could be sewed on to most anything.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Gene, if you're talking about the FiberglassRV store available through CafePress... that's not owned or run by anyone affiliated with FiberglassRV. That store was setup years ago and the only thing provided was the logo. It's up to CafePress to decide what they wish to sell, at what price and at what "size."

BTW: There's an Oregon Gathering store also at CafePress, for those that wish to order items. The Oregon Gathering (Nancy) receivings no profit, etc. from the store: http://www.cafepress.com/oregongathering
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There is a member here that will embroider a hat, Scamp/Casita,Egg/Boler, he does them all. Will have to dig up his name.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #4

Jim, are you thinking about Roy Massen? Here's the thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...hat-24371.html
Old 05-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, that is the person, thanx.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Gene, if you're talking about the FiberglassRV store available through CafePress... that's not owned or run by anyone affiliated with FiberglassRV. That store was setup years ago and the only thing provided was the logo. It's up to CafePress to decide what they wish to sell, at what price and at what "size."
It's up to the owner of the store what to sell and in what sizes. Someone has to set up and own the store. The money has to go somewhere. I remember it getting set up but not who did it.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
It's up to the owner of the store what to sell and in what sizes. Someone has to set up and own the store. The money has to go somewhere. I remember it getting set up but not who did it.
Mike Sanders set it up years ago. Where the money goes now, I don't know. But, I do know the Oregon Gathering store... no money is earned by Nancy for the sale of product. It was setup so she didn't feel compelled to offer t-shirts, etc and incur expenses. I think CafePress chooses what sizes of items to sell based on marketing and demand. But Gene was talking about the 'size' of the logo, not the size of the product (S-M-L).
Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I know the shops can be set up to make a profit by raising the price but I'm not sure what the current breakeven prices are. They are probably the prices in the NOG store.

Cafepress does have set sizes but you can pick what items you want to sell and somewhat choose the logo size... at least one used to be able to. I haven't set up a shop in years and the ones I did were temporary for events.

It's nice we can still buy Fiberglass RV item if we desire.

I have one of Roy Massen's Boler hats and I love it!