IPad Whiteout - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
IPad Whiteout

Last night I was viewing the forum on my IPad when all of a sudden the page went blank and the word untitled appeared at the top of the page. While I can view the forum using the IPad app., all attempts to view it directly have failed. I can load the home page via a web search and see the familiar list of brands and the Escape 13 picture, any attempt to go beyond results in the same blank page with untitled at the top. Any thoughts? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Hmmm by "view it directly" I assume you mean using a web browser application. Can think of two, maybe three potential problems.

1). Flash content on page in the ads, something I don't think iPad supports well if at all.
2). The amount of content may be stalling display, I can sometimes get a pretty significant lag where the top banner comes up but the rest of the page is being generated but not yet delivered as output. That is on a machine with a lot of internet speed and more power than a tablet.
3). What web browser are you using when you view directly? Web pages are built to be understood by a web browser but there are a lot of different browsers with different capabilities. What works fine in IE may not work in Safari, but could work in Firefox or Chrome. However the iPad last I knew locked you into using the Apple Safari browser. You could try Dolphin or one of the other browser and enter the links in that.

Untitled literally means browser has not yet read or understood the page well enough to display the page title. Or there is a page with the title of "untitled" with nothing on it, but I'm pretty sure thats not it.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Raz

Thanks for the hints. I tried Opera and the site worked fine. That told me it was most likely Safari. A reboot solved the problem. Sometimes the poor thing just gets confused. Thanks, Raz
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I haven't had any problems other than the annoying suggestion that I use the ipad app (which I don't like except for loading pictures). But how do you like Opera and how does it compare to Safari? Ipad 1, 2 or 3?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
A reboot solved the problem. Sometimes the poor thing just gets confused. Thanks, Raz
Dang I thought that never happen with an Apple product and the number one reason (or is it excuse) for why we all have to have one!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I haven't had any problems other than the annoying suggestion that I use the ipad app (which I don't like except for loading pictures). But how do you like Opera and how does it compare to Safari? Ipad 1, 2 or 3?

I have IPad 1. Opera for IPad really is Opera for iPod enlarged. Very simple and I find a bit awkward to use. The big benefit is that it uses minimal data so it is a good choice for those with data caps. Since Rogerdat suggested my issue might be with Safari and I had it loaded, I used it. Normally I use Safari. I also prefer the web version to the app for the forum. Raz
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
all this sounds greek to me....
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
On my iPad, using a browser, the entire fiberglassrv screen is filled with tiny trailer pictures, making it impossible to read any text. Anyone else have this?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #9

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Nope, works fine as app, on safari and Firefox on my 3
Michael J
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #10

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
To P.Raz: I see RogerDat has offered up good advice. I use an Ipad 3 to visit this site from time to time. I use either Chrome or Safari with equally good results.

To Kevin A: it almost sounds like you have created a tiled wallpaper...but without more info it's just a guess.

To the webmaster/owner: Like others have said the prompt to use the ipad app on log in is really annoying. It's bad enough that the site is heavily populated with ads...

To Ipad/Iphone users: At the home screen press the home button X2. That will bring up all your running apps along the bottom. Press and hold one to bring them into pulse mode and one by one select the "x" to close each app. This may free up some resources for a smoother running Ipad.

To RogerDat: Mike_BC out! :-)
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
The joy of using the app is that it loads like lightening and has NO ads
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bc View Post

To Ipad/Iphone users: At the home screen press the home button X2. That will bring up all your running apps along the bottom. Press and hold one to bring them into pulse mode and one by one select the "x" to close each app. This may free up some resources for a smoother running Ipad.

To RogerDat: Mike_BC out! :-)
It also helps if you do a restart after quitting the extra apps.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #13
Raz

I never log out which may be why I don't see the prompt for the app. As Bobby suggests, the app seems to be the only way to load pictures and is quicker for sure but I am afraid I am a creature of habit. I like the web version with the default skin. Never tried Chrome. I've gone a little sour on google with their tracking. Even switched to duck duck go as a search engine.
Raz
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is for cpa4harley2008 (Jim)... and me too... I don't have an iPad (yet)
Attached Thumbnails
EtchASketch.jpg  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #15

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
ipad crashes

All you iPad users, be sure to backup your iPad regularly because when it crashes you lose everthing and it is a long and tedious tash to replace all your apps from the "Purshased" area of the iStore. Additional you lose all your documents and other content. The one thing I was never able to recover was the content of the iBooks. Gone forever!

P.S. this is something that happens and the iPad forum will deny it and refuses to discuss.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #16

Registry
I noticed that on ibooks when I went from ipad 1 to 3- everything else was available but ibooks content (and I save a lot of pdfs there.) It didn't even help to have backed up (which is awfully slow so I don't do it often enough.) (Just did, though.)