Is it just me being old? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Is it just me being old?

I enjoy viewing the classified ads and might even buy something someday.

However, there appears to be a plot to keep me from knowing what STATE the item might be located. Am I the only person confused about this new system?

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Nope, you’re not. If I don’t recognize the city I have to zoom out on the map until I figure out where it is.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Nope, you’re not. If I don’t recognize the city I have to zoom out on the map until I figure out where it is.
Thanks Jon! I thought maybe I didn't know the proper handshake! I have trouble just turning my computer on these days!!

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #4

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Thanks Jon! I thought maybe I didn't know the proper handshake! I have trouble just turning my computer on these days!!

Bill

Glad I’m not the only one !!! It’s just not user friendly at all , Not for the classifieds anyway !
Rnupnorthbrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:27 AM   #5

Arizona
Registry
Is it just me being old?

There is the map view, which allows you to click on markers or clusters of markers in a specific location. It’s a useful way to browse by location.

However, most people actively shopping for a molded trailer would consider location less important than make, model, and condition. If you do find just the right trailer, there is some advantage in being able to know the city or town within a state. On the old classifieds people were always asking, “Where in Texas are you located?”

On the other hand I’ve found the message function a bit cumbersome, in part because the classified site requires a fresh log-in on every visit. When you get a message notification, the link only takes you to the home page, and you have to figure out how to log in and navigate to your message, in addition to typing in your credentials every single time.

There’s some weirdness about scrolling and zooming. If you’ zoom in on a picture, it won’t scroll. It’s inconvenient on a small screen.

Last, I’m not keen on the discussions being duplicated in the ads. Discussions sometimes go sideways- that was an ongoing issue in the old classifieds- and I’d have preferred the new ads be kept “clean.” Duplicating everything in two places kind of defeats the point of having two places.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #6

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
You're not the only one. I haven't been able to read any of the Classified Ads since they made the change. I know it was meant to be an improvement, but it has blocked me out completely. When I click on the Classified section, or Ad, this is what I get every time:

“This site can’t provide a secure connection.
www.fiberglassclassifieds.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH”

If the problems can't be corrected, I, for one, would prefer going back to the way it was when everyone could read the ads.
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #7

Name: Shirley
Minnesota
All this AND I have to do it on a new phone I’m trying to figure out......grrrrrr !!
For instance if I type a message here it’s fine but if I click on reply to type a message the posted message takes up the screen and I can’t scroll down to see what I’m typing so I’m typing a blind message.....oh boy, who knows what voice texting might say....haha
Rnupnorthbrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:13 PM   #8

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
That's what I've been doing too! I thought I was missing the state listing somewhere. Glad to know I am not the only one.
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:30 AM   #9

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnupnorthbrrr View Post
All this AND I have to do it on a new phone I’m trying to figure out......grrrrrr !!
For instance if I type a message here it’s fine but if I click on reply to type a message the posted message takes up the screen and I can’t scroll down to see what I’m typing so I’m typing a blind message.....oh boy, who knows what voice texting might say....haha
That’s a defect in the Tapatalk app. It has nothing to do with this website or your new phone. The app is updated from time to time, so perhaps they will fix that glitch next round.

It’s a case of be careful what you wish for, though. Several past updates have added more problems than they fixed! One completely eliminated the message function. Came back with the next update.

You can always access the full website using your phone’s browser.

I could say more, but I’m typing blind now, too.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Jon, are you one of "the blind leading the blind"? LOL
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #11

Name: alan
Trailer: in the market
CA
i agree

Since the change, I find the classifieds less user friendly.
alangoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:20 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
I enjoy viewing the classified ads and might even buy something someday.

However, there appears to be a plot to keep me from knowing what STATE the item might be located. Am I the only person confused about this new system?

Bill
Hi: Bill Nolen... NO!!! We do know however that you're in "The state of confussion". It's very populous... I'm there a lot lately.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #13

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Casita Spirit 17' Deluxe
Michigan
Not as good

Somehow this needs to be directed to the website manager. I agree, it's not as good.
sheilasabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #14

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
The New Classified's are a joke, I tried posting a couple of my campers on there and it wouldn't let me put the city that I'm was from and couldn't get my pictures to post.. It has a list and a blank box asking for the city, but everytime I typed in my city it said not found. So I typed in the largest city closest to me Huntsville, Al. still said not found, the only thing I could get it to do was pick Nashville or Birmingham because they were on the list and both are over a hundred miles away from me not even close to me.. It was just the biggest pain in the ass so I just quit trying.. I'm going to try something else Craigslist or RV trader I guess. A real shame too, because I've been a member on here for years and never had this kind of problem.......................
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
the classifieds seem to work fine on a desktop system with a regular web browser (I was usign latest Chrome), but I agree, the lack of per-state search is terrible, and worse, when you look at the map, its only showing 2 in all of california, out of 170 classifieds?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #16

Name: Jan
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
the classifieds seem to work fine on a desktop system with a regular web browser (I was usign latest Chrome), but I agree, the lack of per-state search is terrible, and worse, when you look at the map, its only showing 2 in all of california, out of 170 classifieds?
I agree! The new classifieds section is less helpful than the previous version. The lack of location in the initial posting is frustrating. The map feature is cumbersome on a mobile phone. Please bring back the prior version!
Jan P. is offline   Reply With Quote