More problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Just an FYI -

I still have to login every time I come back to the forums.
I get kicked out while in the forums - it's intermittent but can happen when I click to go to the next page in a post, or if I click on 'View new Posts' to go back to the new post list, or if I try to add a reply to a post - not all the time but frequently.

For instance, I logged in, went to New Posts, read a post, tried to go to the next page on that post and got kicked out (gives me an error page with the default skin and login prompts). I logged back in to come her and post the problem - and got logged out again when I tried to post this the first time.

I have IE 6, Windows XP, and am using the 2.2.0 Oct skin (I was having the same problems with the default skin).

Good luck!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Anne
I had to go and use the mac skin on my PC with Explorer. It seems to work good here. Hopefully one of the Admin staff will see this and jump in.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for the feedback Anne. If it makes you feel better, I can't get the site to remember me either

We're working behind the scenes, right now we can't seem to get a handle on a skin where one size fits all. Individual members need to choose the skin that works the best for their issues. As you can tell, Ches is using a skin that doesn't work well for me...

We'll try to keep everyone apprised of the important stuff, in the meantime, please be patient. And THANKS!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
My problem is I can't get it to go "back" when reading posts--but, just in the last couple days---have to get right out of the forum and come back on..it remembers me...so I don't have to log in again...
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
My problem is I can't get it to go "back" when reading posts--but, just in the last couple days---have to get right out of the forum and come back on..it remembers me...so I don't have to log in again...
I have noticed the same, I have to hit the back button 4 or 5 times...
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #6

I'm using FireFox with 2.2.0-Oct02 skin and the back button works. It doesn't work when using IE 7 2.2.0-Oct02 skin. Using FireFox, I'm remembered; using IE I'm not.

Hang in there, if it weren't for the extra security this new version was offering, I doubt webguy would have done the upgrade. But we all know what happened just short of two years ago, we want all the security we can get.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
try n figure this out...at work I can access this site freely and navigate as if nothing has happened (but I do NOT log in). When I get home I still have a terrible time getting the system to 'back out'. ....wondering IF this issue is going to be permanant OR can it be resolved (with Mikes expert help)?????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
I have a guy that is fixing many of these sites. I am on his list to fix this site too. It will be a week or so for our site to come to the top.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I can only get on in firefox, AOL is not even letting me in, and when it does, I do not have permission to view things.
Thank goodness for fire fox

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I just yesterday upgraded my Firefox to 2.0.0.9. What had been a random signoff problem yesterday seems to have disappeared today (and was consistent previously).

I don't know what a skin is (aside from the stuf keeping me in one piece), much less which one I am using...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666

OK, Duhh! There it is on the bottom of the screen -- I am using the current default IPB 2.2.0.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #11

Skin, is what the forum looks like... although I like your definition better Pete! To figure out what Skin you're using on FiberglassRV... look at the bottom of the page. Just right of the orange RSS button.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #12

Gee Whiz Donna! You answered my question before I could even edit my reply to say I'd actually found it on my own
Old 11-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #13

So, what did you find out?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #14

Well, I put it in my post when I edited it I'm using the current default 2.2.0 skin on my computer and the M1A1-Issue1 on myself, with some modifications made by sharp, blunt and abrasive materials over the decades...
Old 11-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #15

Just came onto the group today, using both Firefox 2.2.0.9 and IE7, and the group didn't recognize me (didn't bother to log in w/IE7).
Old 11-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #16

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Well, I put it in my post when I edited it I'm using the current default 2.2.0 skin on my computer and the M1A1-Issue1 on myself, with some modifications made by sharp, blunt and abrasive materials over the decades...
Har! I just got it. Boy am I slow. Only took a week!

You appear to have an (ahem!) earlier version personal skin than I'm using. I was issued M14A1. (Man, that bolt action lever would dig into my back.)

I will be chastised for the off topic diversion but I'm feeling particularly militant this morning. Perhaps this close to Veteran's Day I'll be forgiven.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just like Karalyn I have to use Firefox and it works fine .......... if i try logging in with AOL it lets me log in but restricts me from viewing anything.
Since the discovery of Firefox i do not use internet explorer anymore but it will let me log in and use this site if needed.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Har! I just got it. Boy am I slow. Only took a week!

You appear to have an (ahem!) earlier version personal skin than I'm using. I was issued M14A1. (Man, that bolt action lever would dig into my back.)

I will be chastised for the off topic diversion but I'm feeling particularly militant this morning. Perhaps this close to Veteran's Day I'll be forgiven.
Are you thinking of the M1903 Springfield? The M1 and M14 rifles both have an operating lever on the side to clear the chamber, same side as the M1903, so all of them dig into your back if slung the wrong way.

Actually, however, M1A1 Issue 1 more or less stands for the first production model of something, like the M1 Abrams tank (which will really dig into your back if you try to sling it...). Makes one wonder what happened to the M3-13 rifles? (M2 was the fully auto carbine, I believe).
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Windows XP, Firefox test photo upload
Click image for larger version

Name:	9AboutReady.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	11052
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #20

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft