My e-mail was disabled by the forum? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #1

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
My e-mail was disabled by the forum?

Hi Janet. I received a private message from you stating that my future e ails have been disabled due a spam complaint. I don't understand. To begin with I am new to the forum and love it. I don't have a computer. I just have a tablet and a smart phone. I am not that good with their use. Therefore I don't know how to re enable my emails. If there is some spam it must be an ignorant mistake on my part. I also don't know how to use all of the features the forum has to offer. I look forward to new postings every day. I will greatly miss this if I cannot figure out how to re enable my account. Please help me out. Feel free to telephone me if you want. Thanks so much. Joe English
Old 03-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Joe. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'll look into it.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
Hi Janet. I received a private message from you stating that my future e ails have been disabled due a spam complaint. I don't understand. To begin with I am new to the forum and love it. I don't have a computer. I just have a tablet and a smart phone. I am not that good with their use. Therefore I don't know how to re enable my emails. If there is some spam it must be an ignorant mistake on my part. I also don't know how to use all of the features the forum has to offer. I look forward to new postings every day. I will greatly miss this if I cannot figure out how to re enable my account. Please help me out. Feel free to telephone me if you want. Thanks so much. Joe English

I apologize for any confusion that notice may have caused. Basically you received it because at some point you marked an e-mail notification sent from the forum as "spam" in your e-mail. When you mark mail as spam a report is sent to our e-mail provider (smtp.com) and your e-mail provider. If they get several of these they begin blocking all mail sent from our address to anyone with the same e-mail provider. For example: if you are an aol user and mark forum mail as spam, aol begins to block mail from us to ALL aol e-mail addresses and this begins to affect other forum members with aol accounts.

We understand that you may not want more mail from us and so rather than have our mail marked as spam we disabled these notices to you so that other members won't be affected.

You can control how much mail you get from the forum in your user cp (look for edit option) but in the case of subscription notifications (which is the bulk of the e-mail sent) simply selecting "no subscription e-mails" is not enough to stop mail. You also have to remove the old, already existing subscriptions because this change only affects subscribed threads moving forward, not the ones you've already subscribed to. This is fairly complex to do and so we have given you a link (in the original notice) to disable or enable all e-mail.

We are glad you're a member and hope you continue to participate, We take spam complaints seriously and just want to make sure that we are providing members with the tools they need to manage their accounts.

I've re-enabled your e-mail.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Janet is there anyway you can make your reply a sticky or post it somewhere in the beginners column. Its great information and I was not aware of this "forum feature".
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #5

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
I made a rather lengthy response to a question asked of me.
When I attempted to submit it a window popped up saying my massage was 3 characters short.
I added a title to my comment and added more than three characters to my response and still received the message.
Does this have anything to do with my e-mail being stopped??
I sent you all a message and never received a response.

What's wrong??
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Were you trying to respond to a discussion thread or were you trying to contact the help desk?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #7

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Were you trying to respond to a discussion thread or were you trying to contact the help desk?
I was trying to respond to a question asked of me in a discussion thread.
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote