Pet peave.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #1

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
Pet peave....

well maybe it's just me but when I first found this forum I sort of thought that you had to "register"...so I did....and updated it a few times as I added/ changed things....

my pet peave is so few posters have an actual "registry" here (appears at the bottom line below you username)....lots of times it would zero in on the discussion/issue a lot faster if one could click on the posters registry and get a better idea of what he's got / talking about.....just sayin'
Attached Thumbnails
brewa1e.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #2

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Francois, if many of us had done near the work you have, we would be writing about it, too. And everything you did is such a nice job.

Where were those photos taken of your trailer at the water?
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Had no idea that we could post pics etc in that area.
Don't think I've checked a registry for quite some time, kinda forgot about it.
I've been trying to collect the posts that have one of my mods in and link them to a single post,,,this is all together better!
I'll get on it!
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:11 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I agree Francois, but in my defense with having had 8 trailers in 8 years, I would have run out of memory space. In addition I always post my modification pictures here on the forum for others to copy and use for their units. Otherwise all the good stuff stays hidden in your profile. In addition to this there are time constraints. But I will try to do a better job in the future.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I follow threads, not profiles. Personally, I don't want to go poke around the profiles looking for the good stuff. Information is a lot more visible to me within a thread. Besides, threads are easily searchable. And that's important to me. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 AM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Excellent point Donna, since the forum is a resource for members, finding the answer is half the battle.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Well I have to admit. I do try to look at the area the poster is from and what camper they have. But that's all.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Well I have to admit. I do try to look at the area the poster is from and what camper they have. But that's all.
This to me is the most important. I like to know the real name of the person I am conversing with, where they are from, and what TV and RV they have. I prefer this available at a glance of the user info, as it gives me an instant background to where they are coming from on their posts.

The registry is a great thing, and more should use it, including me. The reason I haven't done much with mine, is that all the photos I would share are already on a hosting site, and I have just not taken the time to resize them, and load them here. A project for when life slows down, if it ever does.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #9

I tried to add my vehicle but when I saved it indie table up under my left picture profile. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also mine shows Blue Ridge mountains twice and I only have it down once. Crazy
Old 03-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Pet peave....

Another issue is that the registry is not available from the app, which is how an increasing number of members access the forums.

I agree that more complete information in the user profile would help answer questions, but I also understand some people's preference for privacy and I respect that.

All that said, I do spend time looking at the registry, and I wish everyone would post lots of pictures of their trailers!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #11

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
yeah, I get the privacy thing....

and that's fair..I guess...me I just don't care.....I find it really easy, when somebody asks me about my trailer, I just give then the link to this site/my registry.....and they have ALL the information they need...and then some! LOL

some post their pictures in the albums section but they are usually all way too big...having to scroll around to look at something gets old real quick...for me anyways

resizing can be really easy/painless with the right software....I use IrfanView (free, "no strings attached" download)...very popular and very "intuitive"....

the lake pictures on my registry are Nimpkish and Atluck Lakes...the one in my original post is Brewster L. All three on Northern Vancouver Island....here's a couple of maps...a picture of Atluck...and a picture of the road between Atluck and Nimpkish (Huson Lake in the distance down below) Cheers All...won't be long now F
Attached Thumbnails
cmap.jpg   cmap3.jpg  

s.jpg   u.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #12

Great looking spot
Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #13

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I also use Irfanview, awesome software! I have a complaint about the registry though. I can't seem to add more then four trailers to it. For most that would be enough, but I have six trailers. Also, it would be nice if the registry, and the public profile could accommodate links. I have pasted the links as text.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I have a complaint about the registry though. I can't seem to add more then four trailers to it. For most that would be enough, but I have six trailers.
What we can offer though Dave, is the phone number to a doctor qualified to deal with your hoarding issues.

Enabling links would be a good thing, especially for those that have built up blogs or web pages about their RVs.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #15

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
What issues? I don't suffer from mental illness, I enjoy every moment of it.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
What issues? I don't suffer from mental illness, I enjoy every moment of it.
LOL!!! I have no doubt at all you enjoy it, especially after talked to you lots about it. And, all the things you have learned from doing so, only benefit all of us doing it for the first time, but.......
Old 03-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #17
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post

my pet peave is so few posters have an actual "registry" here (appears at the bottom line below you username)....lots of times it would zero in on the discussion/issue a lot faster if one could click on the posters registry and get a better idea of what he's got / talking about.....just sayin'
Thnxs so much Franswa for bring this to our attention. I'm in!...... now!
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #18

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmmm.......
I sorta saw the "Registry" part as being the Facebook of the site. I don't do anything that even resembles Facebook and I think everyone has seen my Photobucket pics by now..... LOLOLOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #19

Name: Dustin
Trailer: Anxiously searching
South Carolina
I don't even have a trailer yet, hehe.