Pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Tried to upload a photo and ran into some problems. According to the tutorial, the first step is to click on the browse button. However, all i get coming up is the upload button and the image is too big. Any suggestions, moderators?
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ian, go back to where your 'saved' pictures are stored. Click on the one you want to add. It NEEDS to be downsized to about a 5 to600 size THEN go back here and open that browse feature, go to the picture you have downsized, click on it and it should show up in the blank box beside the browse button then click upload!!

I ain't a pro, but that works for me....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Try this http://www.resize2mail.com/
Find your picture in the browser button area then resize your photo to 75% smaller.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Try this http://www.resize2mail.com/
Find your picture in the browser button area then resize your photo to 75% smaller.
My problem is I get no browse button - just an upload button.
cheers
Ian

Old 10-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
hmnnn...

I am moving this to the feedback section. One of our more knowed ables might be able to help you.

I am suspecting a browser or firewall issue.. but That is what it is... a guess.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #6

Quote:
hmnnn...

I am moving this to the feedback section. One of our more knowed ables might be able to help you.

I am suspecting a browser or firewall issue.. but That is what it is... a guess.
Thank you.
cheers
Ian
Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
To the left of the "upload" box, on my browser, which is Firefox, I get an elongated box marked "choose file."

This specific language varies by browser and from year to year (as browsers are updated by their makers). First you need to choose the file (or browse your hard drive for it) and then you have to click the "upload" box (or button, depending on your browser's graphics).

Is there not an elongated box to the left of your browser's "upload" box, when you are in one of the compose screens?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	16257

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
Quote:
Ian, go back to where your 'saved' pictures are stored. Click on the one you want to add. It NEEDS to be downsized to about a 5 to600 size THEN go back here and open that browse feature, go to the picture you have downsized, click on it and it should show up in the blank box beside the browse button then click upload!!

I ain't a pro, but that works for me....
You know Doug when I try to downsize a pic of my camper to make it my avatar, like yours, when I downsize it's so blurry you can't see it. I would love for my avatar to be my camper but I guess I will never figure it out.
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ricky, try taking more pix of your trailer!!!! Keep tryin, you'll get it right....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #10

[quote]To the left of the "upload" box, on my browser, which is Firefox, I get an elongated box marked "choose file."

This specific language varies by browser and from year to year (as browsers are updated by their makers). First you need to choose the file (or browse your hard drive for it) and then you have to click the "upload" box (or button, depending on your browser's graphics).

Is there not an elongated box to the left of your browser's "upload" box, when you are in one of the compose screens?

Attachment 16257

I have a choose file button, but when I click on it, I get access to my desk top ± nothing that lets be browse or resize pics. The only reason I was looking for a browse button was because I was trying to follow Gina's tutorial on resizing pictures, which worked for me before. Now I am befuddled.
cheers
Ian
P.s. - thanks for the aid
Old 10-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Ian, are you wanting to upload a pic that's already on your computer? Or is it on another website, such as Photobucket or Flickr?

If it's not already on your computer, you need to put it there (download it and save it where it will be easy for you to find it).

If it is already on your computer, are you able to resize it BEFORE you try to "choose file" and "upload" to this website? (See Doug's post, early on in this thread.)

"Choose file" is supposed to take you to your desktop; from there you have to look around, open "My Pictures" folder, or wherever it is that you keep things on your computer... You are correct that "choose file" does not have anything to do with resizing the pic(s).

I hope this helps. It gets difficult to describe this stuff, and there are a ka-jillion minor variations on all of it.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote