PM's blocked - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
So, for some reason I'm not getting PM notification. I used to. I just happen to look in my Inbox and there were 3 that I didn't realized I had. When I look at all of these I saw (blocked) next to the sender. I've looked around this site and can't see that there is somewhere to unblock them, other than in the menu to the left which says something about blocking. But when I go into that area there is nothing blocked. Any ideas???

Also there is nothing in my sent box where I would think my responses would be.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I'll let one of the Administrators talk to the blocking issue, but remember that when you send a PM you have to click the check box each time if you want a copy put into the SENT box.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
From the Help Topics:
Quote:
[b]PM Block List
You may add in users names in this section, or edit any saved entries. This section is used as a ban list, denying the named member the ability to message you.
Is this what you're talking about Joy?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Sorry Joy. None of the Moderators have blocked you or anyones PMs. If there is a problem with a member, we contact them and try to work it out.

I’m confussed what your problem is. I thought it was that the pop up screen that says you have a PM wasn’t working. Then again, I thought maybe there is an email notice when you get a PM and that wasn’t working. I don’t use that and am not familiar with how to activate or not activate it.

Can you give us a little more information what you have had and are expecting.

Also, as Steve mentioned, With this software upgrade they changed the way PMs are saved. They are no longer automatic. You have to check the box to save each PM as you send it. I keep forgetting, but I’m getting better.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #5

Ok, the sent issue is resolved. I didn't notice the box to check and thought it was saved automatically to my Sent Box, as it used to be.

I'll try again regarding my Inbox messages. I used to receive a message (pop up) that told me I have a PM. My last 4 PM's didn't give me that message, pop up. In a separate email, off site, someone mentioned having sent me a PM. When I went into my Inbox looking for it I found 4 messages that I did not know I had received. The only common denominator that I saw was that each one of them had the word "blocked" next to their name. I wondered if it was something I had to turn off or is it something on the senders part.

I just want a pop up to notify me that I have a PM so I don't have to remember to go into my Inbox each time I'll logged on this site.

I hope this is clearer.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
The Block thing is for you. It will stop unwanted PMs from a sender if YOU want to activate that feature.

In your "My Controls" there is a setting to give the POP-UP notice you're looking for if it got turned off someway.

Go To:
Options >> Board Settings >> Board Display Settings >> Do you wish to get a board notification when you get a new personal message? = YES

I hope this helps,
Mike
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #7

Okie Dokie.....here's the deal. I did manage to find the Board Options and reviewed them prior to asking you what the problem might be. I saw that the first four said YES, which includes, "do you wish to get board notification when you get a new personal message."

That's why I'm confused. I haven't been into My Controls until I went lookikng for the PM that I was told had been sent to me. I can't remember the last time I was in My Controls. This is a puzzlement as to why the notifications aren't coming to me when the question is and has been answered "Yes".

Oh, and I just noticed that the PM count rose by 1, a PM from Maggi with no notification to me.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You may have Popups blocked in your browser. That will affect FiberglassRV popups as well. In IE, under Tools, there is a popup blocker. OR, your ISP could be handling popups... since everyone finds the popup ads so irritating.

It's entirely possible the upgrade changed the default on PM and notifications too that's why you didn't change anything Joy, the software may have done it for you... unbenonced to all of us.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trek 1300 (Boler/Scamp Clone) / PT Cruiser
Registry
Quote:
So, for some reason I'm not getting PM notification....
Hi Joy,

In Internet Explorer goto Tools>Internet Options> Under Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files and remove all of these temporary files (Including checking the box that says Offline Content).

This has solved many strange "unfixable" browser problems for me. Won't hurt to occasionally delete these files anyway and may help you.

Terry
terryjeffers is offline   Reply With Quote