"Recommended Products Section?" - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #61

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I don't suppose anyone present ringside here has noticed that there is nothing, nada, zilch, zero, don't see it anywhere in the original Not Polyglo thread about the anticipation of negative consequences for those who wish to paint fg trailers.
jack
Nope nothing on the original thread. IMHO people have not posted their concerns to the original thread, as they are aware as I that it would end up in a p****ng match (which is also why I have never expressed my concerns previously), just as it ended up being here. Even though this should have been a much safer place to express concerns as the OP asked for feed back on their suggestion & used the product in their example. Its clear they were not expecting anyone to use their example product to highlight the flaws in their product selection criteria. Dang why would anyone want to be subjected to that

Tires is another product I might suggest we would have a big problem ascertain if the majority really do "recommended" brand/type. There may be lots of people who will not post on that topic either who have had not so great experience/opinion on some of the tires being recommended by other people here. They will not publicly state their concerns as they wish to avoid the heated discussion which all to often starts on the topic of tires as well.

Bottom line is we all have biases, real or perceived and particularly true when the people actually use X product/brand

Tutorials on how to do - Great!
Listing the various product options to accomplish the task - Great!

Making specific "recommended" product or brand IMHO not so good.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #62

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Finish products

I have found that buying something that says "marine" or "aircraft" can jack up the price of something quite normal otherwise.

I clean and polish Homelet with any of your standard auto products. Will probably try RMP when I run out of my present supply. But I don't understand why RMP would would be any harder to deal with than any standard auto polish or wax. Wax is wax. You find out what it is and use the appropriate concoction to remove it. If alcohol don't work, use Goo B Gone or whatever.

What would be interesting would be RMP over an auto wax and sections of each presenting when trying to remove, and the remover for one doesn't work for the other and vice versa.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #63

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
This has gotten WAY off topic and is now focussing on ONE product with ONE person taking a stand on THAT product, rather than focussing on the idea of establishing a "recommended practices/products" section

If I was a mod, I'd be firing off warning PMs to several parties by now, and thinking about closing the thread
Good Idea.