Scamp cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
AJB

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Scamp cover

Looking for opinions on a scamp cover. I've just received a quote for a Calmark cover. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
AJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I use the EBay cover from elite motors. Around 130 bucks I think. Would rather own a Calmark cover, but at the time money was tight and price was a limiting factor.

The cover I own has served well thus far, does have a small tear from catching on bumper which was my fault. Western NY winters are brutal and think I've finally found a place for storage inside that I can trust. However, at some point the Calmark is on my bucket list.

There are also owners here who do not feel comfy with any cover for real concern that dirt and cover can rub and scratch FG. Unfortunately my cover was rather sloppy so at someone's suggestion I wrap nylon straps around belly of traer to keep it from flapping in wind so much. Cut off the buckle end if cheap ratcheting tie downs I bought at Home Depot.

My garage is too short and can't afford a carport yet either, so we does the best we can.

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
I too have the ebay cover. Don't know how long Wendy Lee has had hers but mine only survived Florida heat and humidity for 8 months before a large tear formed down the middle from the fabric deteriorating. I will probably purchase another one just b/c the price is good and I cant get a Calmark yet either.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:08 AM   #4

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
For 10 months Melissa. And I only put it on in winter. Too much hassle in the summer as I'm single and the young adult children I have never seem to be around to assist...

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp