2006 Lanesboro Egg Fest - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
I'm back from 2006 EGG FEST in Lanesboro, Mn

We had 21 trailers , and 46 people at out Sat Pot Luck

Next years event will be Sept 21, 22,23 again at Eagle Cliff campground Lanesboro Minnesota. phone 507-467-2598 for your reservation. Next year we will be in sites C1-36, and we are sure you will have a great time in the area.

you can e-mail me at norsewoods@earthlink.net for more information

I will be posting pictures shortly.

Jim & Jonell H
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I am back too, and had a great time,
Met many neat people and shared the love of camping in the little eggs.
Looking forward to all those pictures Jim,
Thanks Jim and Jonelle for hosting this event again this year.
Had a wonderful time! I already have my reservation in for next year and know a couple of others do too.
Jim reserved the whole bottom area for next year so we can all be together (overflowed this year). Get your reservations in early
We are hoping for many more "eggs" in 2007.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Yes it was great i would like to apoligise for the intrusion of the stick trailer. It wasn't meant to be ,they were supposed to be down below but the campground misunderstood and put them there after a cancilation and there were no openings to move them back on Friday .[THINGS HAPPEN} Anyway it was great and look forward to it again next year
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
While I can't predict our schedule for next year, whether or not we can come, I made a reservation just in case, so we are in site 28 for next year.

I am hoping we can fit in our bicycle built for two as a project we can finish before then, so we can bring it along next year. Maybe a canoe and, of course, this time, weather permitting, I might not whine about golfing. (It takes me twice as many strokes as it does Kevin, so I have reason to whine, right?)

CindyL
Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
We too had fun. It was nice to see how much this event grew from last year!

The weather was dreary , but that didn't keep us from riding our bikes into Lanesboro for lunch on Saturday, then back to Whalan for pie! We snuck in another piece of pie and coffee Sunday before we left. That, plus all of the pot luck food on Saturday night means the 10 mile bike ride didn't amount to squat!

See you all next year!
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 82 14 ft Surfside Triple E
Registry
If I were to make a reservation for next year, what would be a desirable campsite? Those of you who have been there would know better than me. I couldnt make it this year but am planning for the next one to be my first with my newly acquired Surfside!
Thanks for any suggestions
Catherine
Catherine H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #7

Registry
Hello Catherine.
I assume that you are the person I talked to in the Saburau in Lanesboro.

Welcome to the group we I am the planner for these events, and we will be in site 32.

The POTLUCK on Saturday evening will be set up near our site. Both Friday and Saturday bonfires will be near our site also.

Saturday during the day everybody does their own thing. Ands Saturday befor the POTLUCK we do a trailer tour ( lot of great ideas to share on how to make a little box bigger?????)

Next year will be year number 3 and it will be great to have another brand of trailer there. This year we had 3 burro.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 82 14 ft Surfside Triple E
Registry
Quote:
Hello Catherine.
I assume that you are the person I talked to in the Saburau in Lanesboro.

Welcome to the group we I am the planner for these events, and we will be in site 32.

The POTLUCK on Saturday evening will be set up near our site. Both Friday and Saturday bonfires will be near our site also.

Saturday during the day everybody does their own thing. Ands Saturday befor the POTLUCK we do a trailer tour ( lot of great ideas to share on how to make a little box bigger?????)

Next year will be year number 3 and it will be great to have another brand of trailer there. This year we had 3 burro.
Hi Jim
Yeah, that was me. In a Saturn wagon, not Subaru. Saturn is made with alot of fiberglass! I came down to do the tour of the trailers because I thought that was going to be on Sunday at noon. It's a beautiful drive to Lanesboro, and not that far, so I don't regret trying. I will be there for sure next year. Thanks for your work putting this together, Jim. I hope other FG types will be there, as well. I'd sure like to see some Surfsides there to compare mods. There seems to have been a preponderance of Scamps. Not that there's anything wrong with that......
Catherine
Catherine H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #9

Registry
We had 3 Casitas , 3 Burros , and all three sizes of Scamps , and last year we had a BIG FOOT

We had to move the trailer tours up to Saturday because many people had to leave early to get back home , like the family from chicago , The mayor of Afton , etc.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #10

Registry
some pictures
EGGS EVERY WHERE ????

more pictures to follow
Attached Thumbnails
2006EF__1_2.JPG   2006EF__2_2.JPG  

2006EF__3_2.JPG   2006EF__4_2.JPG  

2006EF__5_2.JPG  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #11

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
some pictures
EGGS EVERY WHERE ????

more pictures to follow
Everyone note the nice spacious sites! This is a beautiful campground with lots of room at each site.
As for which site is best Catherine, they are all nice. I am going to be in site 21 as it backs up to the woods. I can put my little dogs by the woods and they won't bother anyone(hopefully). sites 21 through 23 are the only ones by the woods, and I like those the best. However they are on the other side of the road from the main circle.
Jim I wonder if there is a way to post that map of the campsites for everyone to see?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #12

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

I am going to try getting there next year. I will be bringing my Love Bug so that will be another brand that isn't seen all that often. I am trying to get my wife to attend but she does not like being outside after dark. She had a stroke and is afraid of falling down on the uneven ground and getting injured.
It looks like everyone had a great time.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper