9 States using RV-Friendly Signs! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I wasn' t really sure where to put this topic, and finally decided here in Camping...

I'm a member of Escapees and the following information is courtesy of their newsletter:

To date, nine states have enacted highway signage laws helpful to RVers. Those states are Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Iowa, Michigan, and Washington. Oregon is listed as an “experimental” state, having not yet confirmed to RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) that the use of the RV-friendly signs is law.

Name:   RV.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  4.0 KB

The RV friendly logo—a bright yellow circle with the letters RV—alerts RVers to highway-side facilities that cater to the special needs of RVs at specific highway exits. When RV friendly logos are included on the logos of qualified establishments, motorists know that those businesses will provide parking facilities that accommodate RVs.

Name:   US.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  4.7 KB

To check on the status of this initiative in other states, use the search engine at http://www.rvact.com/rvact/dbq/officials/ .To identify (and contact) elected officials in your home state who may sponsor legislation about implementing RV-friendly roadside signs.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Tennessee is on the list but I have not noticed any RV signs. I'll have to be more attentive. By the way, sometime soon the newly remodeled and rebuilt rest area at northbound Tennessee exit 1 on I-75 will open. It has a log cabin style and looks very nice. This is the East Ridge exit, though most folks probably think of it as Chattanooga and is just before the I-75 & I-24 split.
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
geeze i will have to keep an eye open on these signs.. i havent been out on the freeways to notice....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote