A inclusive List of Camp Grounds for a Newbie - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #21

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
I like to use RV Park Reviews and All Stays. Also, get a Good Sam membership. They have a good directory of campgrounds and RV parks all over the US, Canada and Mexico. Your membership entitles you to discounts at Good Sam approved parks. Don't forget National Parks, State Parks, County Parks, City Parks, etc. etc. All of these entities have websites which will give you information on their seasons, reservations policies, amenities, costs, etc. And there's always Wal Mart! Don't over think it too much. There's always some place to bed down for the night!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #22

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
I'm still a newbie (full timer) myself, and I've discovered the hard way that since I have neither a generator nor solar, I need electric hookup when it's cold. I did one thing right, though -- I bought a Passport America membership, and I use it where it's cold, because it lists only full-service parks and resorts for 50% off the usually high price. The listings will say whether they're open year round and what the restrictions are. I may not need it after my first year, but I'm glad I have it now.

WendyW
Do you ever get a month under Passport America's discount? Seems everywhere we go, there is only a weekday discount, not weekend.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote