Agility Camping - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It is not really fair to report this campsite as you can't come unless you are entered in an agility trial on the premises! The site is a large rural parcel near Sacramento which the owners purchased for the purpose of setting up a dog agility facility. There is a very large covered arena, and several outdoor rings, and quite a bit of RV camping available. Some of it is on a generator; that was not used for this weekend's relatively small trial. Instead, I got a nice, level spot to back into between two eucalyptus trees, looking out onto a neighboring farm to the south and west. Water and electric hookups were available. Late afternoon the back "yard" got a bit warm but I had not set up the EZup due to breezes being quite strong, and instead hung a metallic screen from the back door so the dogs that were in the trailer could stay cool and still get air. If I'd known it would be such a nice place I'd have brought the camera but sorry, no pictures.

At an agility trial there is no problem with finding things to do, but we were done by 4 on Saturday and did get some time to relax, enjoy the site, and have a leisurely dinner. There were two large pens where the dogs could run off-leash and Jack enjoyed greatly racing up and down the fence as the dog in the next pen did the same thing. I didn't do any real cooking- I used the newly-replaced microwave to heat food and the cooktop for coffee. (I got a small GE at Sears; much quieter than the ill-fated Chefmate from Target.) The first night I had to get up and trim a wayward eucalyptus branch that kept brushing the trailer, sounding like wolverines scrambling to get inside. It was very breezy that night so I pulled the pop-top down and we stayed toasty.

We will be back for Thanksgiving weekend but I don't know if we'll get the same space- it certainly would be my first choice, though! The one next to it was also nice; the rest were less campground-like and more RV-parkish.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
The first night I had to get up and trim a wayward eucalyptus branch that kept brushing the trailer, sounding like wolverines scrambling to get inside. It was very breezy that night so I pulled the pop-top down and we stayed toasty.

We will be back for Thanksgiving weekend but I don't know if we'll get the same space- it certainly would be my first choice, though! The one next to it was also nice; the rest were less campground-like and more RV-parkish.

Bobbie
Sounds very neat. Glad the new micro is working better.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
It is not really fair to report this campsite as you can't come unless you are entered in an agility trial on the premises!
OK, I'll enter the trial, but I draw the line at wearing the collar!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
OK, I'll enter the trial, but I draw the line at wearing the collar!
Don't worry, Frederick, dogs run naked in most trials!

(Most humans wear clothes, though.)

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote