Alaska Highway - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-24-2006, 06:16 AM   #29
Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Beautiful photos! We really want to do this trip too. We might have to wait for retirement.

Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #30
Trailer: 96 Scamp 13 ft
That brings back great memories! I've done the Al-can twice from Colorado (but not with RV). Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!

Scott Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #31
Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
I heard about the sinking in March but didnít realize that you were scheduled to sail on the Queen of the North. Fortunately there was no loss of life. If you do cancel the long ferry trip, it opens up other opportunities that Lily will appreciate. Lily would not enjoy the long hours on the car deck. If you skip the day trip to Skagway, you can still see Haines on the return trip and save a day by taking the short Alaska Ferries ride to Skagway. Then take the Cassiar Highway to Stewart and Hyder. Itís not every day that you get a chance to stay at Camp Run-A-Muck or sample Diana's wonderful cooking at The Bus. Donít miss Jade City and the one of a kind Toaster Museum in Stewart.Queen of the North sinking
Craig Nold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #32
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yes Craig,

When I get off the Alaska ferry at Prince Rupert, I'll drive on the Yellowhead highway. Then at the junction of the Cassiar I'll drop the Scamp for a night or two. This gives me the opportunity to go to Hyder and Stewart for the day. I've driven the Yellowhead in years past but not taken time to go up the Cassair any distance.

Because of the long drive through BC I'll not go to Vancouver Island this trip. Driving down will use up half the days I had intended for the Island. I've been there many times so I'll not be that disappointed. It'll be saved it for another day when I'm looking for a medium length trip.

Hey by that time I'll have done Alaska and the Inside Passage via Alaskan Ferries, what more could I ask....

Ain't life grand
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #33
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I'll echo the dream trip wishes.

Thanks for the pics! They are beautiful!
Gina D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #34
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Amazing photos!

I especially liked the photo of the big grizzly beside the road. What a healthy animal!

Do you ever do any mountain climbing?
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #35
Trailer: 1978 13 ft Boler
HI Joy!!! Not sure if you have left already for your Northern Adventure...if so, hope you get this email on the road....I've read all of the advice you've got on this thread and they are bang on. We drive to Homer Alaska every summer for our annual Halibut fishing trip and the highways just keep getting better.
I noticed you will be in Whitehorse YK for a few you know what dates? I may be there for business in the next few weeks.
Also, when in Whitehorse, you can boondock at the local Walmart there! Also, if you want, please visit our station if you have time. (CBC North)
Frank and Karen (just ask for either) would be more than happy to give you a bit of a tour!

Have a great time and remember our famous saying..."there is no such thing as bad weather...just the wrong clothes!"

Jamie Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #36
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft
I'll echo the dream trip wishes.

Thanks for the pics! They are beautiful!

Not sure how to post a reply...planning the Alaska trip from Maine to Fairbanks starting May 2007 would welcome others to join up. E-mail me.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #37
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft
Think i got it...Drove the Alaska highway in 2004 and 2005 but not with a camper. Planning the plan for May 2007 . Looking at 300 + or - miles per day with several days in Whitehorse then on to Fairbanks and Nenana, spend about 2 weeks and head back.
My e-mail is rmayrand@metrocast,net.

Really enjoyed all the AK comments and pics. Richard M

Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote