Alaska travel tips from 2015 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #15
Name: lily
Trailer: none yet
Great info. This has been on my bucket list way before there was a term called "bucket list!"

lillipets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #16
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Originally Posted by M Scott View Post
My icon picture is a lion cub I photographed in S. Africa last summer. My dog is a small pitbull that used to be my icon. We like to hike and don't want to be stuck in camp...but bears don't like dogs. While I've been to Alaska twice (once renting an RV,and once sea kayaking Glacier Bay), I've yet to see a moose. Just real leery about hiking alone with my dog, even with bear spray.
Incredible to be able to photograph a lion cub in S. Africa! (Of course I knew it was a lion, not a dog .

Yes, definitely something to consider, not just how your dog reacts to the bears and other wildlife,but the other way around as well.

Can't say I'd risk it, myself, but then, I've never been to Africa or Alaska, so you're much more adventurous than I am. And if you're a hiker, you have to hike at some point...

I wish you and your little pit bull well...may all the bears be otherwise occupied and may you never enrage a moose.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #17
Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl

Hi All

Last year we Escaped to hwy 101 in Oregon, Washington and California. The advice we received here helped make it an awesome trip... so thank you

Can you share your favourite camping spots, Hikes, must sees, tips on roads etc.

All input is appreciated
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #18
Name: lily
Trailer: none yet
Since you are not an experienced traveler you may want to find other people to create a convoy with you. Alaska is not the kind of place to get stranded by yourself.
lillipets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #19
Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Thanks for the info. This is a trip we've contemplated many times. I'm bookmarking this thread!

Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote