Alaska Trip Update - Homer - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Name: Becky
Trailer: Scamp 19 Foot 5th Wheel
Alaska Trip Update - Homer

We are now in Homer and I have updated my blog to include more pictures. If you have been previously reading my blog, you might want to check from the start to see the pictures. Here's the link:

BTW, we finally got our furnace working and now we need to deal with Scamp and Suburban because the warranty authorized repair guy would/could not make the repair (too many hours of work) and be reimbursed by Suburban. We'll eventually get it all figured out. Bad things have happened on this trip (Hattiesburg, MS home struck by lightening) but we will not let it spoil our trip. We'll deal with it all when we get home.

Becky Ryder
Hattiesburg, MS

beckyruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Sorry to hear about your house... and your furnace. I've been reading your blog as you update it. Always love Alaska stories!

Janet Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Name: Becky
Trailer: Scamp 19 Foot 5th Wheel
Alaska/BC/YT Trip Update

Iím a bit behind with my blog. For the past week, we have either not had power for my laptop or access to internet. In this blog update, I have quite a few pictures. I hope you enjoy these:

As far as the performance of our 19 foot Scamp, since finally getting the furnace repaired, we are doing fine. We like to stay in provincial and state parks or boondock at other places, but it had been uncomfortable without the furnace. We are now in Williams Lake, BC and certainly do not need the furnace. Otherwise, the Scamp is performing well and we hope to eventually get reimbursed for the cost of the furnace repairs. I discussed that issue in one of my previous blogs. Basically, the furnace is under warranty, but the repair guy went beyond the time that Suburban would cover and we ended up having to pay over $300. Hopefully, either Scamp or Suburban will make this right. Iím beginning to wonder why these companies say they have warranties when it is such a hassle to get them to do right by the consumer.

Becky Ryder
beckyruns is offline   Reply With Quote