algonac michigan glassic egg scramble. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
algonac michigan glassic egg scramble.

Wow, what an event. i believe the count was 26 trailers,,though i could be wrong,,my head began to swim a bit with the heady scent of all that fiberglass.....

I personaly want to thank every one that attended, this event was a huge success in my opinion and that was due 100% to the people that attended, it was a blessing to have camped with you all that i will not soon forget.

for those that could not make it,,, well, you missed a short but wonderfull gathering. weather was about as perfect as you could ask for. our group was clustered nicely in one area of the campgrounds. and we had a dinner and campfire that i can only assume was the envy of algonac saturday evening. i want to thank our friends from canada, illinois, ohio, florida, indiana, and newfoundland, for joining us and making this a truely special event
a brief discription for those not in attendence.
algonac michigan, (by the way,,,the birthplace of chriscraft boats) is a beautiful little freshwater marine town nestled on the banks of the st.clair river, at the point where it joins lake st clair. north of detroit.
it is one of the great comercial waterways, and large lake and ocean going ships tugs and barges of all discriptions ply her waters 24 hours a day.
the park we stayed in is algonac state park, part of the beautiful state park system here in michigan. also situated in one of the few remaining,,,and a shinning example of, a lake plain prairie. the park is clean open, and overlooks the st. clair river, which is also home to an abundance of fish such as walleye, musky, pike , and sturgeon, to name a few.

so the gathering is now a part of history, and yet, before it was over we began thinking of next year. not so much questioniing will we do it again,,, but where? when? what great adventure will await us? what wonderful discovery will we make? can more of Michigan actually be this wonderful?

oh yeah,,, it can... hang in there the best is yet to come.

again, may god bless you all, and thank you so very much for touching my life during this beautiful weekend.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #2

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
thanks to roger dat for a flicker link

Collection: Glassic Egg Scramble - Algonac 2012

Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #3

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Thank you for getting it started, with out you it never would of got off the ground!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote