Amherst, Nova Scotia - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
Registry
Amherst, Nova Scotia

Loch Lomond just outside of Amherst (my wife refers to it as city camping). Lovely place...kinda tight on who gets in and who gets out, you have to be let in by the attendant in the office. There's no problem leaving as it's an automatic gate, but if you go out early and want to come back before 9am, lots of luck. A minor inconvenience....but the best BEST BEST bathrooms I've ever been in, gelcoat showers (1 buck to 10 minutes)in the individual restrooms (8 maybe)... nice nice nice.
Anyway, here are a few pics of our FIRST foray with the Trillium:

just a shot of the lights in the awning track. We don't need no stinkin' awning!!! Thoughts are going towards a 10 by 10 mosquito net.

Here's the door arrangement I decided on. I siliconed a receiver to the door (over the wood frame) and siliconed the 'nub' to the side of the actual trailer

http://s6.postimg.org/q6zvacwp9/cid_83.jpg

it stops pretty good. I used a bungee to keep it open. I found a 16 foot strip of the aluminum trim and some insert that had somehow gone missing. I'll assume it was beat all to hell by slamming on the corner of the trailer and they removed it. Anyway, cut to length and its back in action. The door stop prevents it from making contact. I've squirreled the rest away for...well, for whatever. Maybe another Jubilee owner needs a piece....
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #2

Nova Scotia
Registry
We even had cable! It was only 4 dollars more per night for a 4 way sight over a 2 way so why not.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #3

Nova Scotia
Registry
An interesting observation. The door frame had a crack in the bottom left corner when we bought it. I had assumed it was from normal traffic over the past 30+ years, the seller was certainly no help at all. But I now know why the crack developed -- I think. The jack at the front of the trailer and the stabilizers at the rear are actually a touch too tall. They need to sit in a small 'hollow' in the ground to sit level. The PO went to great lengths to tell me that he usually set the front of the trailer on the ground and then lowered the back stabilizers on the bumper, then lifting the front and swinging the jack down. He would then proceed to adjust the jack to level. However, if you do not create small dugouts for each stabilizer and the jack you basically end up with a literal 'sag' in the trailer. The frame is fine, but the stabilizers at the back are lifting up, the jack at the front is lifting up, and the axle is staying put. The fiberglass is moving to accommodate. It's not visibly out of line but its enough to make the door scrape in the bottom corner on closing. The door closed freely before leaving on our trip, it would bind on closing at the campsite, and closed freely when we parked it at home without the rear stabilizers down. I will use my shovel next time. Golfers, please replace your divots.
Also, the door has almost 1/8" play vertically in the hinges. Minor stuff, but I found that putting an electrical u-shaped connector in the gap makes everything nice. I will replace it with a permanent fix using solid core wire later on.