Amish country - PA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #1

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
Amish country - PA

This past week we took our Lil Snoozy up to Lancaster Co. in PA. Stayed in a great campground for adults only located on top of a hill overlooking Intercourse, PA. Beautiful farmland all around. The sound of the clip clop of the horse drawn buggies echoing through the valley. A very relaxing visit. Occasionally the farm smells came our way, but so what? If the Amish can live with it, I can take it now and then, right? Sam, the farmer across from the campground, was working in the fields with his team of 6 mules from sunup til sundown every day we were there.
Attached Thumbnails
PA 010.jpg   PA 020.jpg  

PA 002.jpg   PA 009.jpg  

Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Great report Susie. Short, sweet and interesting, with pictures to match.

D & D
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #3

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Thanks for sharing that trip report. That's a part of the country I've always wanted to see.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #4

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
Awww...the Motherland

Susie, what great pics!

I grew up in Earlier Amish Country, Bucks County, PA...before the ridiculous taxes ran them out towards Lancaster in the 50's and 60's. Watching that way of life is truly soulful and leaves me reflective for the simpler things. Thanks for sharing, I needed that!

luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #5

Arizona
Registry
Amish country

Thanks, folks. I have been wanting to go there for over ten years. We saw the "Noah" production at the Sight and Sound Theater. I had my first whoopee pie, shoo fly pie and a sticky bun. Spent a good bit of time just sitting in a lawn chair and gazing down at the valley below. But we walked around a lot also. Saw NO overweight Amish, probably because most of them walk or ride a two wheel scooter type thing to where ever they need to go. Lots of buggies, yes, but still, many were walking.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Thanks for reporting on your wonderful trip, now what was the name of that campground ? We are heading that way next month sometime, its been a while since we have been in that area. Always enjoy it down there, and the wife likes the quilts.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #7

Arizona
Registry
Amish country

Tim, it was Beacon Hill Campground. The smaller rigs like yours and mine are usually put in the upper lot which makes for a great view. Our site (#8) had a great view and good shade trees which you might need in a month or so. That campground section itself is fairly level, but as I said, it is Beacon HILL Campground so there is a hill to climb when you go for a walk. Very pet friendly, and as I recall, you take your dog with you, right? One of the workers, Connie, will for a small fee let your dog out if you need to be gone for several hours.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Susie, Thanks for that info. I thought it might be that one, as I was searching campgrounds in Lancaster county. We will probably give it a try, and now that I have the name I will probably make reservations.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote