annoyed too soon? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
We like to camp at non-campgrounds: off a logging road or in "User-maintained" recreation sites.

Last weekend we were really disgusted by certain types of trash along the wilderness pathways and trails at a decommissioned rec site. (Hubby thought we should buy mutilple copies of "How to "S--- in the Woods" and leave them for fellow campers, but maybe those types don't read?)

Anyway, this weekend, we were at a User-maintained site and were a bit sad that it was good weather, as that tends to bring out Noisy Partiers. Sure enough, just before dark, there is construction debris being burnt on the beach and loud music being played til all hours.

Next morning we saw the mess made, huge bonfire with rusty nails left behind, pop cans, beer bottles, etc., strewn about.

Kid and I gathered some unbroken bottles. I told him, "Put them beside the trash can there." He asked why, I said so they wouldn't break, but I was also thinking of scavengers, as we were not too far away from a city.

Sure enough, not ten minutes later, a little putt-putt car pulls up and its occupants begin gathering recyclables. (I guess these gents knew the near-by party sites, and knew to get there early in the morning on weekends.)

We fished another beer bottle out of the ocean and handed it to him. I said, "Looks like a big party here last night." He said, "I guess so!" I handed him the beer bottle and said, "Thanks."

And he said to me, "Thanks."

By the time more families showed up to enjoy the ocean beach later that morning, just outside their city, it was clean.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Thanks for sharing that. Makes you stop n think.
Chuck H.
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote