Any campgrounds with no children? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Does that make me a bad parent?
You must be. I never once tired of having my kids and their friends around....yeah, right.

As much as I dearly love our kids, even when they were small, we too loved getting away from them for a while.

Grandkids are the best. I look at them like renting tools. You get to borrow them for a while, abuse them (in a loving way - ice cream fro breakfast anyone?), then when you are done with them you send them back for repair.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #42

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Every time I post a room for rent I get calls from single Mom's & Dad's looking for a room where they can bring 1 or 2 children along with them. I think it's a sign of tough times for many. But again, I can't advertise "No Children" even though it a room for only 1 person, if I did it would get flagged off by the P.C. monitors.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #43

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
My personal experience is that it is not the sounds of children playing that bother me, it is the late night loud music, drinking, fireworks, and carrowsing being done by the over 18 crowd, especially at some of the more remote camping areas. On a recent whitewater canoeing trip last summer, we shared a wilderness camping site with another group who insisted on loud music and fireworks till all hours of the morning. I was sure they were going to set the forest on fire. Next time I will bring a set of construction ear plugs to try and at least address the noise issues.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #44

Registry
Dave, I have had the same thing happen on the forestry road by Edson on the North Saskatchewan River. We used to camp the night there before heading off on a 3 day paddle to Rocky Mountain House. These loud partiers did not particularly like the loud noise we made at 7AM, though I am sure they quickly brushed it off and went back to sleep. Now, even if we get there later, we always paddle downstream for a bit to set up a quiet camp.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #45

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Dave, I have had the same thing happen on the forestry road by Edson on the North Saskatchewan River. We used to camp the night there before heading off on a 3 day paddle to Rocky Mountain House. These loud partiers did not particularly like the loud noise we made at 7AM, though I am sure they quickly brushed it off and went back to sleep. Now, even if we get there later, we always paddle downstream for a bit to set up a quiet camp.
I assume you meant Nordegg rather than Edson, Jim. We had same issue as you on the FTR bridge on the North Sask R. Loud neighbors and no sleep made for a miserable night before starting to paddle next morning.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-breaker View Post
I assume you meant Nordegg rather than Edson, Jim. We had same issue as you on the FTR bridge on the North Sask R. Loud neighbors and no sleep made for a miserable night before starting to paddle next morning.
Yeah, Nordegg. You would think I would know better. I have only run that section of River 20 times in the last 30 years.