Any Suggestions for Camping near Bishop CA? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Any Suggestions for Camping near Bishop CA?

Looking for a campground rv park near or around Bishop CA. We have to have a full hook up (15 women camping) as well as one of the girlz due to health issue requires full hook ups. I have been looking at the info on the internet but since I am coming from Colorado I figured it would be best to ask here for suggestions. Thanks!

The park could actually be in town, like I said it's a bunch of women and we will be doing a lot of gallivanting around so hanging at the campsite is not what we will be doing a lot of.............. But we would prefer clean and at least a safe nice campground/rvpark. Thanks for your help!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #2

Really? No one has any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:13 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Really? No one has any suggestions?
Robin:

Did you try a Google search for Bishop California camping? There seem to be quite a few places there. For example:

Highland's RV Park
2275 North Sierra Highway, Bishop, CA 93514, United States +1 760-873-7616 ‎

Seems to have good reviews.

Brian
Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Robin,
I'm here on the East Coast so i can't help you much but if i was in an area i wasn't sure about this site has all the campgrounds with a Interactive map of all and has star reviews with comments included..... this should be a big help.
Have fun,
Joe

RV Park Reviews :: California
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #5

Thanks Guys, I have actually tried both. But doesn't seem that any of the parks/campgrounds with in the Bishop area have everything we are looking for. We need full hook ups as well as tent sites for a few that will be tenting. The only full hook up park/campground I found doesn't allow tents. The place that allows tents doesn't have full hook ups......

And it doesn't help that the campground/parks are closed until late spring. They don't even take messages. This ought to be interesting. I had also checked my Trailer life Directory but that isn't much help either. That is why I was hoping for someone who has camped in the area........

I have a feeling we are gonna have to suck it up and go for the campground without full hook ups, just because there are a few who need a tent site. Thanks Again.............
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #6

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Maybe the folks at the chamber of commerce in Bishop can help. If they have a visitor's bureau there might be some info there as well.

Hope you find what you need...sounds like y'all are headed for a heck uvva good time with that many gals camping together.

Do you belong to Sisters on the Fly? I just became aware of them online and then found a book about them in Barnes & Noble a couple of weeks ago.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #7

No I don't belong to sisters on the fly (Admire them but I am not that hearty of a camper) I like resort type glamping. This group of girls are from grade and high school friendships, so it will be a rip roaring fun time, I am sure.....

They are all crazy! Some of us haven't seen each other in 30 years, but from the Face Book glamping chat I can tell they haven't changed. Ought to be interesting. Some of us have been doing a get together every year for the last few years, that involves different events in our home town. But decided this year we would all travel somewhere to meet up.

A worry of mine is that the few campgrounds/rvparks in and near town are going to be full the week we plan to be there, since it's the week before the 4th. But we are stuck since they don't even begin to answer their phones till mid April. (having owned a rvpark, I know our books were pretty full they prior year and by March the weeks before the 4th was almost completely gone). So I guess we are gonna take chances and hope for the best, If not hotels here we come.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well, I've been to Bishop area a lot in my lifetime but have never stayed at any of the parks in town. I know after backpacking we had gone into a large RV park for a shower (at a minimal cost). It always looked nice but I have no idea what name of it is, just where it's at.

There are lots of campgrounds in the area but they are all first come first serve and most are dry with maybe a communal water spigot.

Bishop always seemed to be a popular area in the summer. It's winter and high desert so very cold there now. Not surprised that they appear to be closed for the winter.

If I were you I'd just call one the parks at the earliest opportunity in April.

Oh, there's a big Forest Service/Ranger Station in Bishop. Maybe you could find their number and give them a call. I'd be surprised if they aren't staffed in the winter.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Joy:

Could it be:

White Mountain Ranger District
798 North Main Street
Bishop, CA 93514-2428, United States
(760) 873-2500

Brian
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
FYI the posts on Wellington NV were moved to their own thread, here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-nv-45298.html
Old 03-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #11

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I'm not sure what your dates are, did you try Browns Town they have some full hook ups and tent area? Creekside outside of bishop has hook ups. Boulder Creek in Lone Pine has everything, Diaz lake and Sierra View RV park in lone Pine are also a posssibility. Lone Pine is about 45 miles south of Bishop, easy nice drive though.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #12

Thanks David! I think Browns is what we are going with. Because a couple of the ladies live in Bishop as well as we plan on shopping, eating out and bar hopping............... Thanks again Everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #13

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Tri-County Fairgrounds has camping. I found this... Could help you if they are available during the time you are going.

Camping

• RV Space With Water & Electric (No Sewer) - $20 per night
  • Restrooms with showers conveniently located.
NEW FOR RV GROUPS
We now have a special RV area for groups of 25 or more. We can accommodate up to 135 RV's with water and electric service and a terrific view of the Sierras! Discounts will apply for mid-week and multiple day stays. Please call for availability and pricing.

Please call ahead for availability (760) 873-3588.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote