Anybody been out to Bella Coola on the BC coast? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #15
Name: Chuck
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe

Wow, some great info here! And thanks, Barb, for the invite, we may just take you up on it.

Incorporating the ferry into (probably) the south-bound leg is enticing. It appears feasible, if it's not too expensive. A million years ago, as a youngster with a back pack, I made the trip from SE Alaska down to Prince Rupert on the AK State Ferry, then caught the Queen of Prince Rupert from PR to Port Hardy, then a bus to Victoria, and finally the Princess Margueritte from Victoria to Seattle. One of the best 3-day trips I've ever taken.

It's becoming clear to me that there is no where near enough time to do this trip ...

Thanks again!

2015 16' Deluxe Scamp, Layout "B"
2007 Highlander
beardrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #16
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Gerry u take the fun out of life using a campground

Originally Posted by Gerry Kiernan View Post
It was many years ago when my brother and I and our two wives went into Bella Coola. It was a beautiful drive over some fairly high plateau country, with gorgeous mountain and valley vistas. The drive down the hill is quite steep, and if I remember correctly there were about seven switchbacks on the hill going down into the valley. Make sure your trailer has good working brakes, as you will need them. At the time, the road down was gravel, and I assume it still is, but it was in good condition. There was an undeveloped campground near the top of the hill. I believe it may have been a forestry campground. It was where we camped, and it was nice, but there were no services. We were self contained, so that was no problem. There are probably campgrounds in Hagensburg, and Bella Coola. You could try Accommodations BC and tourism BC to see what they can tell you about campsites in the area. Enjoy your trip.

: more fun just boondocking in the back country as so many places to pull over and spend the night and no one to bother u like CA, NV, UT,AZ,WA,OR, ID, etc etc.

stude is offline   Reply With Quote