Arkansas Suggestions? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Arkansas Suggestions?

We are heading to Arkansas the last 2 weeks of October. Does anyone have any suggestions for camping around Hot Springs & Eureka Springs? Any ideas for festivals/fairs? We would appreciate any information. Thanks!
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
A few years ago,we visited Lake Ouachita SP, Petit Jean SP, MT. Magazine, and Cove Lake COE. I would recommend each of them. In October, you'll probably find it easier to get reservations at the parks with lakes... Arkansas state parks are very well run, and most facilities we visited were being updated, or had been recently updated.

There is a beautiful nature garden near Hot Springs with a wooden timber-framed chapel, associated with the University... Garvin or Garvan Woodland Gardens. It was a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I have not gotten to RV in Arkansas, but I raised by parents who were from there. I have heard about places in other words and did a few vacations when a kid to Arkansas. Here are some places which I have heard about or gone by at some time. Some on my to do list.

Eureka Springs from what I have heard has been a vacation distanation from very early times and it is not far from Branson.

Buffalo National River is a long, narrow park that is crossed by three main highways. Using Harrison as a starting point: To reach the Upper District, visitors travel south from Harrison on Highway 7, or Highway 43; To reach the Middle District, visitors travel 31 miles south of Harrison on Highway 65; To reach the Lower District, visitors take Highway 65 south from Harrison for five miles, then take Highway 62/412 to the east to Yellville, and Highway 14 south. This river runs right by the area where my mothers people lived and some are still there by ST. Joe. Harrison and the River are not too far from Eureka Springs and Branson. Also near Harrison, Hurricane River Cave - I believe we went into it back in the mid-'70s. More information

Ozarks National Forest Scenic Drives Attractions Along Arkansas Scenic Byway are on the way to my dad's homeland. I always enjoyed the drive from Clarksville area to the Harrison area via Salus & Jasper. This link has many other links to attractions. One would be the link to Hot Springs area with a lot to see and do. Such as The Ouachita National Forest, Lake Ouachita State Park.

Queen Wilhelmina State Park and the "Castle in the Sky" is over close where my mom's family lived when she was a young teen.

Other links

I've wanted to go visit Pea Ridge Nat'l Military Park, I have heard it is really neat.

And I see there is also a Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park. Neat!

Also Ozark Folk Center State Park in Mountain View, a park of living history and heritage. Their goal to preserve and teach the history of the Ozarks, and they do this through live demonstrations and performances in a historical setting. It seems to be something I like to see as well. My mom was born near by in Mountain Home, but moved to Oklahoma sometime later. Information

Petit Jean & Lake Fort Smith ** Petit Jean State Park ** Fall Petit Jean ** Lake Fort Smith State Park

I need to get over that way sometime for sure.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Thanks to Adrian and Phillip.... let's do a mini-rally!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita
ya might take along a small-caliber rifle (.22 should do it) for the skeeters !
Jimmy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M. View Post
ya might take along a small-caliber rifle (.22 should do it) for the skeeters !
We thought we'd just bring a couple of the gator-skeeters from Florida to keep 'em scared off. But if I have to bring the gun I will.....
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Berryville, AR

Hidden gem - Berryville RV Park. Right behind the Chamber of Commerce building, a block off the charming town square. 1/2 hour or less from Eureka Springs. We stayed 6 days in March. Full hookups, pull through, premium cable tv, Wifi, all for $18 a night.
Friendly host. We loved it.
No pool, playground, etc. Washrooms with shower, can get grungy at night after the people in the chamber office go home, but they are cleaned daily.
Don't miss the Saunders Museum in Berryville. Have breakfast at the Ozark Cafe on the square.
Northwest Arkansas is one of our favorite places, & this is our favorite campground in the area.

Fall travel plans are not firmed up yet, but we just may see you there!

War Eagle Mill has a craft show Oct 14-17.

Berryville, AR R.V. Park

Berryville, AR Saunders Museum

Fair Dates for the Spring and Fall War Eagle Mill Craft Fair in Rogers Arkansas
Attached Thumbnails
Scampsnow.jpg  
Ellen B is offline   Reply With Quote