Bastrop State Park in Bastrop, Texas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Thumbs up

We will be saying a couple of days at Bastrop State Park in Bastrop, Texas Oct. 5 - 6. Are the leaves showing color in early Oct? We will be attending a family reunion and a cousin reserved some spots and was suprised to find most of the place was reserved. He felt it was due to the fall colors in the area. However, I am not familar with that part of Texas. Anyone know that area? How is Bastrop State Park ?
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Bastrop State Park is located within the "lost pines" and looks more like east Texas than an area a few miles east of Austin. It is beautiful, but there aren't many hardwood trees to change color. Your best bet would be to check some of the Hill Country parks on the way home. These would include Garner SP, Lost Maples SNA, Hill Country SNA. Further west is Ft. Davis SP.
Tom Trostel
Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
We will be attending a family reunion and a cousin reserved some spots and was suprised to find most of the place was reserved. He felt it was due to the fall colors in the area.
It's because October is high season for (weekend) camping in central Texas! It's too hot here in summer, and summer here extends into the better part of September.

Like Tom says, Bastrop is piney woods (evergreen). There are a few deciduous trees in the area, which, since we've had so much rain all summer, might have some fall color this year; but I wouldn't think as early as the first weekend of Oct. (No cool weather yet!) Maybe by the first of [b]December.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Thanks for the information. I was skeptical of the fall colors this early when I read my cousin's deduction for the park being so full in Oct when it was very empty in June and July when he had checked it out, he is from Virgina now. That was the reason for my posting this topic. I do not know of family in this area, but it is to be a muli-family family reunion or get to gether. I have never made any reunions. We do like good BBQ, hopefully we can find some. We are in Tucson visiting our daughter at this time, it seems a long time to fall colors here. Still hot. However, it did rain some a couple of days ago and we had some 80 degree highs. It was 101 last Friday. Back home tomorrow and I hope 80 degree weather. But have not checked. I can see why camping on the week ends would increase in the cooler months. I believe it was the reason for them having the reunion in Oct. Thanks again.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote