Beach camping in Malibu, CA! - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #1

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Beach camping in Malibu, CA!

Hey folks! I'm currently staying in a great little park above the ocean here in Malibu, CA! It's not the cheapest park in the world but the views are incredible, the beach is within walking distance and there's an awesome little seafood restaurant that gives discounts to guests of the park. The park offers full and partial hookups and also has a tent camping area that does not allow RV's. Here's a video I put together while staying here.... enjoy!

SoloMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Matt, I've loved all your video campground videos so far. Unfortunately I cannot get audio on this one. You are not kidding about the price, but you can't beat the location!

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Audio worked for me, Matt. Yep, it's kinda pricey all right, but after all it's right in Malibu and what a gorgeous view. I looked at the campground's website and their off season rates would make it a more affordable treat. I like that you're showing us a variety of ways to "camp".
Old 08-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #4

Name: Wendy
Minnesota
Matt, I heard you just fine! I'm seeing that Southern California might actually be amenable to campers, thanks to your excellent videos.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner2016
North Carolina
Thanks, Matt. Very informative as usual. (Audio was fine for me.) I'm always on the alert for your next installment! -- Anne
Old 08-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #6

Name: Matthew
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Hi Matt, I've loved all your video campground videos so far. Unfortunately I cannot get audio on this one. You are not kidding about the price, but you can't beat the location!
Thanks, Gilda! Glad you've been enjoying them, I'm sorry you were having issues with the audio, hopefully you'll be able to watch it eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
Audio worked for me, Matt. Yep, it's kinda pricey all right, but after all it's right in Malibu and what a gorgeous view. I looked at the campground's website and their off season rates would make it a more affordable treat. I like that you're showing us a variety of ways to "camp".
Off season is definitely the way to go.... much cheaper! Of course, even in high season, the weekly rate for a partial hookup mountain view is less than I was paying in rent! And you are not kidding about this view! Unbelievable way to start/end each day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
Matt, I heard you just fine! I'm seeing that Southern California might actually be amenable to campers, thanks to your excellent videos.
Hi Wendy! SoCal is absolutely doable. It can be expensive at times, depending on season and location (closer to LA, more $$$). The main thing is whether or not you are willing to keep moving around-- which I wanted to do-- and being able to keep track of all the various stay limits/rules, making them work in your favor. This particular park here in Malibu allows up to 30 days at a time (28 in high season), 3 times a year, with a 7 day mandatory break between each 30 day stay. That's compared to, let's say the Santa Monica Mountains State Parks..... which allow a total of 30 days per year total between all 4 campgrounds combined (Leo Carillo, Thornhill Broome, Malibu Creek State Park and Sycamore Canyon). Then you've got different rules in various counties, cities, National Forests, other State Parks, etc.... and, then there are other private places like Lake Casitas, where you can apply for the snowbird program and get Oct-March for like 500-600/month. So.... yes.... a ton of options! I have thought about doing a video about it but that might be kinda boring listening to me talk about that stuff, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
Thanks, Matt. Very informative as usual. (Audio was fine for me.) I'm always on the alert for your next installment! -- Anne
Thanks, Anne! I appreciate you watching and commenting and more are on the way!