Boondocking Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Hello,

My wife and I have a small 13 ft Trillium trailer, pulled by a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4..

We have camped/boondocked our our way from our home near Guelph, Ontario, Canada,
North to the Yukon and Alaska and also South West to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon...

We are looking for off road/boondocking/trip ideas and information on Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine areas as we are planning a trip there in the Spring of 2007..

We have plenty of time (1 or 2 months) and are seeking your help in locating areas to boondock.. We almost never use RV parks or campgrounds (if we can help it)..

I know that most folks would not want to post locations here on the news group, so I would ask that you email me at the address below :

Thanks in advance !!

Richard Pack

My Ham call is VE3HRP

My Email is my_ham_call@ISP.COM

Old 11-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
While it is a State Park Mt Monadnock in NH is a great little campground. The views from up on top are Great. It is about a 2 mile hike up the mt heed the water warning and bring extra if you can, unless you are a mountain goat. the campground is small the max size camper is 19 foot so it is mostly tenters in there fitting in the 17 Casita is not possible on a lot of the sites not because the sites are small it is access to them. There are coin hot showers and dish sinks at the entrance to the camping area. scattered around the campground are outhouses. The only downside to the place is No Pets not even Mac the cat was allowed in. he was treated to 200 dollar a night hotel room lol yes he is spoiled!

Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #3

Quote:
While it is a State Park Mt Monadnock in NH is a great little campground. ETC:
Thanks Al,

I will lookup the park info and see where it is at, might be a good place for us to visit ..

Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Hello,

My wife and I have a small 13 ft Trillium trailer, pulled by a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4..

We have camped/boondocked our our way from our home near Guelph, Ontario, Canada,
North to the Yukon and Alaska and also South West to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon...

We are looking for off road/boondocking/trip ideas and information on Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine areas as we are planning a trip there in the Spring of 2007..

We have plenty of time (1 or 2 months) and are seeking your help in locating areas to boondock.. We almost never use RV parks or campgrounds (if we can help it)..

I know that most folks would not want to post locations here on the news group, so I would ask that you email me at the address below :

Thanks in advance !!

Richard Pack

My Ham call is VE3HRP

My Email is my_ham_call@ISP.COM
I tried e-mailing last night and got an eror message"Recipient address rejected". Is the address shown correct?
Bill
Old 11-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
I tried e-mailing last night and got an eror message"Recipient address rejected". Is the address shown correct?
Bill
Did you replace the "my_ham_call" part with the call letters that were posted earlier in Richard's email? Took me a minute to realize that he was trying to avoid spammers stripping out his real email address.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Did you replace the "my_ham_call" part with the call letters that were posted earlier in Richard's email? Took me a minute to realize that he was trying to avoid spammers stripping out his real email address.
Thanks Anne. Didn't see that one coming.
Bill
Old 11-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #7

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Boler 13 ft / 31 ft Holiday Rambler
Maine
[quote]
Hello,

Hi Dick
I live in the western Maine Mountains and I know of alot of great places and will email some to you but be advised that in New Hampshire you need a permit to even just part and pic-nic in any part of the National Forest.
That asside there are sone real nice, though now privately run, former campgrounds in the White Mountain National Forest and when your in the area if your a mind to I would like to know where and prehaps we can hook up and do a bit of fishing.
Gerry
Old 11-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
You might also want to try camping at Baxter State Park in Maine. Again, it's not boondocking in the traditional sense, in that there are campgrounds. But the campgrounds in the park are pretty primitive with no hookups and few facilities. But lots of solitude and natrual beauty all around.

They do allow very small trailers in the park. About the biggest they'd allow are 17-foot models. Your trillium would be fine. Nothing over eight feet wide is allowed on the park perimiter road.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #9

Bill,

Thanks, I did receive your email as you later sent...

I will email you back today.

Dick
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #10

Bob,

Thanks for the info on Baxter State Park in Maine.

I have found additional info on the web and will be sure to visit it.

Dick
Old 11-08-2006, 07:58 AM   #11

Gerry,

Thanks for the info...

Please look for the forum message that I sent you.

Dick

Tags
boondocking, dry camping