Bullard's Beach question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Bullard's Beach question

I'm camping there soon with friends and it is unclear from the map where extra cars can be parked. The reservation thing says one vehicle per site. Are they particular about that with small rigs? And if so, where is the available car parking (A loop?)

I know a few of you have been there...

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #2

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I'm thinking there are extra parking spots by the yurts. If not there, there are parking lots at the boat launch--which would require a hike on their trail or ferrying by another car, and at the beach and I'm thinking one in between. Ooops, I've only stayed in the C and B loops, so ignore my yurt advice. How about phoning the park to find out?
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #3

Registry
I'd phone but I've found that usually staff will often stick to the official info if you call rather than tell you what they actually allow in practice.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #4

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
Wink

Hi, Bobbie. I live a ways south of Bandon & have camped at Bullard's in the past. They're pretty picky about allowing extra vehicles at the sites, but miracles happen every day & you might catch the registration person in a good mood.

I've attached a digital camera pic of the campground (hopefully I've attached a pic!). It shows A Loop, with the closest Parking areas noted (they're to the north of A Loop). They're not too far away, but then distance is always relative (I walk 4-5 miles every day, so to me it's a hop, skip & a jump to the Parking areas ).

Hope this helps. This map is circa 2014, so hopefully nothing has changed.

Have fun!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	83235
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
After camping at Bullard's for a dozen years for the Oregon Gathering, I can tell you there's several places in A loop with extra parking (like right by A29) and across from A50. I'm sure there are like places in B and C loop.

Bobbie, for the most part there isn't space to park a small trailer, the tug and an extra vehicle in any of the sites. If you measure your trailer, your tug and someone elses vehicle, you'll probably exceed 40 feet. My Scamp and truck was right at 33 feet hooked up.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #6

Registry
A50 isn't far, that might work. My friend's site is listed at 53 feet and she has a truck camper- that's where we wanted to put an extra car. Well, we'll see, we can make it work if I have to go park offsite but it would be a major hassle since I usually keep things like the dog food in the car. My friend is very nice, though, and likely can talk them into it (unlike me as I would get mad!) Thanks, Donna and Evelyn.