Burro Camp trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
Good morning, Just returned from NH trip camping at Lake Francis (one of our favorite campgrounds). Great Moose watching, Loon watching, and canoeing. Campground was busy but not full. This was our first non- tent camping trip and we were extremely happy with the Burro. we had cold rainy weather ( found patches of snow Dixville Notch) and then hot humid weather. The Burro 13's Cat heater and the newly installed fantastic fan handled both with ease. We are now planning a few modifications... I had removed the bunk bed, and this worked out well. I had a couple of window leaks (minor) I will inspect the weep holes. The GMC canyon 4 door towed it all very well and we were loaded with coolers, canoes ,First up etc. I should have weighed our cargo before we left. 15.79 MPG to NH and 19 MPG towing back home with a better wind direction and less hill climbing. Definately looking forward to the next trip. Our little Burro is one of the best investments we have made.
Rozanne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Ain't grand when mother nature throws the things at you you tried to avoid with a tent? It makes that first trip so much sweeter...

"Thats what we bought it for"

I had light snow on my first ever Burro trip. I was smug as a bug in a rug!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro