Byron & Anne's Labor Day Week-end - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
With a long week end staring us in the face we took off to meet 2 of our girls, their husbands, and 4 grandkids. We were all headed for a horse camp in Oregon's Coast Mt. Range. One of the guys(James) and a grandson (Andrew) and a couple of horses were already at the camp.
Oooops we missed the turn off so we turned around and headed back up the hill. All of a sudden the TV barely had enough power to get back to the turn and into camp. Once there no sense in worrying about. So we set up camp. As expected the horses, son-in-law and grandson had their camp all set. Soon comes the other couple (Tina and Tony) and a grandson (Nick), and a dog. Tina and Tony set up their tent behind the trailer in nice little grassy spot.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Here they're breaking camp.

After they get all set a camp fire was made and family talk started.

Next morning the daughter (Tricia) and granddaughters (Laura and Carasandra) showed up. Another tent was set up for the boys to sleep in. James, Tricia, Laura, Andrew, and Carasandra took turns taking the horses off.

Next bad.. As I was falling asleep Tina woke me up with "Dad, to have a patch kit?". Of all the stuff I carried that wasn't one of them. Their air mattress sprung a leak. After a bit of searching around we did manage to fashion a patch of sorts. Next morning if was obvious that the patch didn't hold.

After a good breakfast, Tina said she wanted to ride one of the horses.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Tina with Nick in the buddy saddle, and Laura.

Off they went. The trail there were on crossed a couple of roads, so off James and Tricia went to meet them at the road crossings wanting to make sure things went ok. A short while later Tricia and Tina came back in the truck. Tina gets out and walks kind of funny. That didn't take long.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Continuing the story.

While everybody was still there a great dinner was to be had. Chile cooked in a dutch oven, corn on the cob roasted in the fire, plus other good stuff.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
YUM, that corn on the cob sure is good.

Tricia hauled the horses back home Sunday evening. Tina and Tony didn't want to sleep on the ground without an air mattress so they went home after dinner.

Through out the week end granddaughte Laura would come to trailer and cage a bit of coffee or hot coco from her grandmother.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Laura caught on another "caging" trip. (gramma and grandpa encourage this action)

Next morning James hooks his truck to the Scamp and pulls it to their place. Anne and I start off with a less than perfect TV which worked much better not needing to pull the Mountain Egg. We were followed by Tricia in her little truck. Got back to closest town and called a tow truck.

Tuesday the TV was fixed without the need to take out a loan, just cost one small arm (I think I should donate Anne's rather than mine). Trailer has been retrieved and back sitting in our driveway.

Would we do it again. You bet-cha.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
Laura caught on another "caging" trip. (gramma and grandpa encourage this action)

Would we do it again. You bet-cha.

Any time is a good time if you can spend it with the grandkids. I have 3 sons and 4 grandsons. I keep telling my boys to get me a grandaughter to spoil.
Sounds like you had a great weekend.

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Thanks for sharing! Horses and camping, two of my favorite things.