Camping Buddies - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #15

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
We kind of tried to set up a rally in Eastern Utah/Western Colorado for this fall but I'm afraid everyone involved in the conversation got distracted by other things. One thing I had a hard time determining was whether or not hook ups were mandatory. Any thoughts? We tend to boondock, mostly, but we should probably give hook ups a try some time.

The second problem we had was determining a location.... Perhaps a place should just be chosen and participants will come if they want to. Again, thoughts on this?

I've never been to a rally so I don't know what people expect; if I had more experience, I'd probably be more willing to take a risk and plunge into the deep end, but I'm little insecure right now. Anyways, I'll keep the rally idea alive and we should definitely try to put something together for 2014. I'm with Jack -- I just want to meet some FG friends!

Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post

The second problem we had was determining a location.... Perhaps a place should just be chosen and participants will come if they want to. Again, thoughts on this?
Having organized rallys for awhile now that would be my approach - if you try and engage everyone into coming to an agreement as to where & when & what facilities are necessary it will never happen.

I have a crew of people that some may say are a little spoiled in regards to rally locations - some of them would be unhappy if the shower facilities where old or the pool wasnt warm enough ;-) yet some of the biggest rallys held in the Fiberglass world are held at locations with no facilities - no bathrooms, power or water!

Pick a date and a location - Post it here - Put it up on the map and they will come!

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #17

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hi....i was just thinking i should clarify my (earlier) reply----

about 7 years ago, we travelled (by air) to the carribean. the other two couples travelling with us got into a huge disagreement and we were stuck in the middle.
in actuality, we enjoyed both couples' company equally so that made it really uncomfortable.
we made the decision not to travel with more than one couple at a time in future.
our best friends are also fiberglass owners. we travel FANTASTICALLY with them.
they are on the "same page".
the moral of the story----keep with "like-minded" folk.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #18

Name: Shirley
Trailer: '82 13' Burro
Colorado
Patti, I joined Camping Singles of Coloradoa couple of years ago. This year, between May and October, I camped 69 days in both Utah and Colorado. Email me if you have any questions.
Shirley
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #19

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Shirley, I will send you a PM.

Steve & Rosemary, maybe we can put our heads together and come up with some ideas of locations to "put out there" for this forum.

I appreciate everyone's input and ideas.

Patti
Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #20

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Steve & Rosemary, maybe we can put our heads together and come up with some ideas of locations to "put out there" for this forum.
Yes, let's! I think there are ample options for a fun get together. PM me if you want or if you'd rather get feedback from others (something I encourage ) just throw some ideas out here. I'll go back and see what we had thought of last spring.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #21

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Steve and Rosemary, I will send you a PM later today.
Patti