Camping in massachusetts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Camping in massachusetts

HELP NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CAMPERS
We are looking for recommendations for campsites in the area of Mass. across from Providence RI. We are not set up for boondocking as our Scamp was a park model and only has an ac fridge. If I have to I'll get a generator but according to info, camping in the area is sparse at best. We're looking on a line from Wrentham, Attleboro, Rehoboth, and Swansea. We're Bob and Karen from Michigan and can exchange info on the Great Lakes/Great Parks.

THANX
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Escape Trailers
Massachusetts
Check out Wompatuck and Scusset Beach State Parks.

Check out Wompatuck and Scusset Beach State Parks. They're a little east of the area you mention, but both are nice, reasonably priced, and have electrical hook-ups.

David
Stretcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
There's a KOA in Middleboro which is closer to the towns you mentioned. Of course they'll be a bit more than the state parks.
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
There may be a small Mom and Pop campground in one of the towns you mentioned, but I don't know of any. If you're willing and able to increase your radius by about an hour or so you'll find some very nice campgrounds.

About an hour to the east gets you to Cape Cod and one large Massachusetts state campground (Miles Standish) and several nice private campgrounds. An hour south gets you to a nice Rhode Island state campground (Fisherman's Memorial) with hookups.

Tim
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: Escape Trailers
Massachusetts
Myles Standish State Park

Myles Standish State Park is a nice park, but it does not have electrical hookups.
Stretcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Thanx

I had the utmost confidence that the FGRV family was out there and would respond. Thanx so much for the great info and I certainly will pass this on to the hunny bunny. She's working on her family history and trying to visit some of the areas. Open to any and all responders, I certainly don't want to cut off the thread.

dbob
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote