Camping in Quebec - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Camping in Quebec

Hi We are "Bolering" our way to Nova Scotia via Quebec and the Gaspe' Peninsula. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to camp, particularly ones that are Fiberglas RV friendly. We are not bilinual and wonder if that will be a problem or more of an adventure. Thanks Lew and Wendy
Lew Harpelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
This is not Quebec, but just into New Brunswick from the Gaspe very close to the Trans Canada. Between the Quebec border and Edmunston.
A great place to stop both on the way in and out to the East Coast. They will find you a spot even if they are "full".
de la République Provincial Park (Campground)
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Right at Gaspe' the is a high hill overlooking the ocean and rock. When we went through there 10 years ago there was a park right at the top of the ridge. It had great vista's. Not sure it is still there but worth checking into.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #4

Registry
Thanks to both Roy and MCI. Will investigate all suggestions. Lew
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
We stayed at Cap Chat private campground a few years back. It is not marked for a campground now tho'. We also stayed at Forillon Nat'l Park and enjoyed the stay.
If you are travelling through Montreal remember, no propane tanks allowed through the tunnel.
If you hit Mtl anytime between 0730 and 1800 the traffic is bad. I usually haul in at the tourist info area and wait until about 1830 [6:30pm] and then head through on 20/Champlain Bridge/30 and then back to 20[TCH]. Routes are pretty well marked but all in French.
Lots of good grades out of Riviere du Loup along the St. Lawrence but I once hauled a 2000LB. pop top with a 4-cyl Toyota van that route and made it okay.
Good luck and safe journey. D.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
MC1

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
We also stayed at Forillon Nat'l Park and enjoyed the stay.
That park is also really nice. Be sure to plan to stop there for a night.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
No suggestions for Quebec, but have a GREAT one for Nova Scotia. On the west side of Cape Briton Island, just a few miles North of a town called cheticamp, a camp ground over looking the water. About 150 meters south of the campground along the water is a small fresh water lake that flows into the ocean. Great for swimming and bathing. You can travel into Cheticamp late morning and catch the fishermen coming back from sea for the best seafood deals I have ever seen. Almost heaven!
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #8

Name: AJ
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
People in Quebec are really friendly, you will find that most of them are bilingual and those who can't speak English , they will find someone to help you. Quebec is like the rest of Canada and the USA 95% good people and 5% Jerks!!!
megatrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
MFF

Name: Marie-France ;)
Trailer: Boler-1300 1979
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
We also stayed at Forillon Nat'l Park and enjoyed the stay.
Hi
This federal park is beautiful. More details here : Parks Canada - Forillon National Park

Each year,we go to this provincial park for the beautiful landscapes and the amazing sunsets : Parks Canada - Forillon National Park
We always camp at Camping Rivière-du-sud-Ouest but it's realy near the route 132... This year we are going to try the Camping Rioux for the first week of our vacations...the first one with our new Boler

Can't wait !!!
MFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #10

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Right at Gaspe' the is a high hill overlooking the ocean and rock. When we went through there 10 years ago there was a park right at the top of the ridge. It had great vista's. Not sure it is still there but worth checking into.
Rock? No rock in Gaspé but a fabulous rock in Percé!
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
MC1

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normand Choiniere View Post
Rock? No rock in Gaspé but a fabulous rock in Percé!
Yes Normand. Thnxs for the correction. We need to spend more time out your way so as to remember the fine details.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
MFF

Name: Marie-France ;)
Trailer: Boler-1300 1979
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFF View Post
Each year,we go to this provincial park for the beautiful landscapes and the amazing sunsets : Parks Canada - Forillon National Park
We always camp at Camping Rivière-du-sud-Ouest but it's realy near the route 132... This year we are going to try the Camping Rioux for the first week of our vacations...the first one with our new Boler

I made a mistake... the second park is Parc national du Bic - Parcs Québec - Sépaq
MFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #13

Registry
Thanks again to all. I feel confident that we will enjoy ourselves in Quebec even though we are not French speaking. Only one day left until we hit the road so will read all comments but most likely will not reply as free time at the computer is at a premium. Bon Voyage Lew and Wendy
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 13 ft Ventura
This was over thirty years ago for me, but there are several islands in the St. Lawrence worth seeing and camping at: Isle d'Orlean just east of Quebec City and Isle aux Coudres a few hours east along the north shore of the river, Hwy 132 if I remember.

I also remember that Quebeckers were often real noisy campers and played their boom-boxes loud well into the night, but nobody seemed to mind back then. I was refused entrance into several camp grounds because I rode a motorcycle. Some had signs displayed that read "Pas des Motards" (no motorcyclists).

We're going back this year - with the Ventura - and I wonder how much of the language I'll remember.
Darrell O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #15

Name: jason
Trailer: teardrop
Ontario
De la republique is a great spot. Stayed last yr and are going back again this yr on route to Fundy oark.
wazat roller is offline   Reply With Quote