camping soon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
camping soon

Two weeks ago I purchased a new Frontier, the old one had lots of miles. Next week will get the hitch installed at U-haul ( I have found that place the most reasonable, about $260), then the week after that the new canopy will be installed. When the hitch is on I plan on taking the Scamp on a "battery charging trip" for about 100 miles which seems to do the job. I have always carried my fishing rods on the floor under the table, but now am going to buy two 6 feet pieces of 3" PVC pipe with end caps. Then I am going to glue one side of "Velcro" around the front and back of the tube and then glue a piece of "Velcro" to the inside of the canopy which will be carpet lined. Should work very well and be very secure when the back of the canopy is locked. Am getting anxious to go for the first trip this season into NV to do some historical exploring and photographing. Look for me, I'll be looking for you. Marg in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Aliner
Marg, wishing you the very best on your first trip. And lots of luck with the fishing!

Remember to post pictures for us!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote