Camping USA - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #15

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
oooooopps, Donna I had the wrong name, when Kathy replied that she didn't see where you had to buy anything it sent me to rooting around, the names are similar. Mine was "Campclubusa" Sorry bout that
It's okay Bill. Appears the site isn't an end-all, find-everything-you-want-to-know site. But, still I think for some states and some people it will add to their arsenal of information when planning trips.... at least I hope so.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
SherrynPaul
it may be a browser thing like you say as i was using Internet Explorer.....Sorry if i stepped on any toes.... just stating what i seen here on this end and the few other states i know well that I checked out did just as good with state and federal campgrounds..... It may be something I'm missing and will check it out further.
Joe

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #17

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
I live in Sarasota Fl and just brought up the map on both Mozilla and internet explorer or msn Premium and the maps from a quick look were identical. I have Oscar Sherer right down the road and it showed up on both, but Myakka which is 9 miles east of me is a no show on both.
both are state parks
Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Joe Z,
You didn't step on my toes... no problem here. Hope I didn't step on yours. I'm glad the site is more complete for your state.

I just wouldn't want users to miss a lot of our wonderful Florida parks because this tool doesn't list them. As I said, it seems to give lots of info for certain areas, incomplete for others. Many user guides (including the Woodal's I bought in print form) don't do a very good job with the parks that many of us enjoy. I depend heavily on state websites and state guides that we pick up at welcome centers to help us locate state campgrounds.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #19

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
SherrynPaul
Thanks
I really like state and federal parks and like you say i wouldn't want to miss any of them because of an incomplete map.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #20

Florida
Registry
Joe,
We've only been able to camp in a few of your beautiful parks (Laurel Highlands area), but we're thru PA at least once a year on our way to western NY to visit family. One of these years, we plan on spending several weeks in PA.
We particularly love the drive on the new "almost interstate" following the Susquehanna.... what a beautiful, relaxing drive from Harrisburg up. It's a little out of our way, but well worth it. You're lucky to have so much in your state to enjoy!
Sherry
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #21

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
Quote:
Joe,
We particularly love the drive on the new "almost interstate" following the Susquehanna.... what a beautiful, relaxing drive from Harrisburg up. It's a little out of our way, but well worth it. You're lucky to have so much in your state to enjoy!
Sherry
SherryNPaul, are you talking Rt 15 on the west side of the river. We started traveling that road in 1988 when my daughter moved to Williamsport, At trhat time it was a narrow 2 lane highway that drove you nuts trying to pass a slow moving truck. In fact we will be on it tomorrow going from Richmond. We travel it 4 times a year and it is a very nice ride
Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #22

Florida
Registry
Yes, I was talking about 11/15/180...
At the risk of taking this way off-topic, it's one of the most beautiful drives to get to NY from Florida...
As I said, it takes us off the most direct route, but it's so lovely, with the river to the right going north. In the 80's, it wasn't so leisurely, but today, with the divided highway and mostly limited access, it's an easy, eye-candy drive. In October, we drove thru snow at the north end, but very pretty.
The drive thru West Virginia in the fall and spring was also beautiful. That road is also improved.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, what a cool resource! Thanx, Donna, for sharing your find. L 'n D
Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Excellent resource, tks very much as this is a real keeper.