Coastal Camping in Northern Maine - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 07:49 AM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Raz is right about Moody's. We have been there many times, and have stayed in their cabins a few times too. I have a Moody's hat, T shirt, and we bought one of those rope door mats they sell. Mary has their cookbook, and sometimes makes their great chocolate pie. We have reservations at Camden Hills State Park in August. We have made many trips to Maine over the years as we have friends near Rockland, and our son lives in Orono.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Patrick,

Bob, Is correct, Camden Hills State park is another good place, if for no other reason its proximity to Camden and the tall ships that go in and out every weekend..

We just booked into Sunset Point for 4 nights for the Machias Blueberry Festival, ordered lobsters for the first night. I mentioned you to Sunset.

Safe travels and happy holiday.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #23

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
Thank you for the info...we will be calling them today...will spend at least 3 days there then move down the coast once we locate another campground south of Bar Harbour and north of the busy Freeport area.

Enjoy your summer!

Happy Camping to all!
Patrick don't miss the Bar Harbor, Blue Hill, Castine, Acadia areas. They are fantastic. Let me also mention Mt Desert island, Sunset, Southwest Harbor - all amazing and close together. Enjoy!! Michael
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:07 AM   #24

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbear View Post
Patrick don't miss the Bar Harbor, Blue Hill, Castine, Acadia areas. They are fantastic. Let me also mention Mt Desert island, Sunset, Southwest Harbor - all amazing and close together. Enjoy!! Michael
Hi: mbbear... Here's some shots near Bar Harbor. Thurstons lobster boil, along the coast, and Thunder Hole.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:
Attached Thumbnails
P1020999.jpg   P1020954.jpg  

P1020985.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #25

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I might recommend some points of interest: Boothbay Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Stonington on Deer Isle (Old Quarry Ocean Adventure is a small camp, mostly used by kayakers, but they have several RV spots), Fort Knox and Penobscot Narrows Observatory (new bridge), Blue Hills Falls (tidal), Penobscot Marine Museum in Searsport.

The right term for the Maine north coast is "Down East". Have a great trip.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote